Chhattisgarh asked to expedite housing proj proposals submission
To achieve the goal of ‘Housing for All by 2022’, the Union the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) has requested the Chhattisgarh Government to fast track the submission of project proposals to saturate State’s entire demand by end of 2018-19.
In pursuance of the Central Government’s vision of “Housing for All by 2022”, MoHUA is implementing the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) PMAY (U) since June, 2015. It has been providing assistance to States/Union Territories (UTs), including the State of Chhattisgarh, in addressing the housing requirements of slum dwellers and other urban poor.
As reported by the Chhattisgarh Government, the number of people of weaker sections to whom houses were allotted under various schemes in Chhattisgarh during the last three years is 14,824, the Ministry informed.
Under the PMAY (U), as on July 30, 2018, total 1,76,752 houses have been approved for construction, 46,578 houses grounded for construction, 6,301 houses are completed and out of this, 5,171 houses are occupied in the State of Chhattisgarh.
As per Census 2011, the number of homeless people in the State of Chhattisgarh is 6,533. As per the road map submitted by Chhattisgarh Government, total estimated demand under the PMAY (U) in the State is 3.69 Lakh.
As on July 30, 2018, Central Assistance of Rs. 2,626.46 crore for construction of 1,76,752 houses has been approved by the MoHUA for the State of Chhattisgarh during the last three years.
Out of approved Central Assistance, Rs. 771.12 crore have so far been released to the State of Chhattisgarh.
The projects approved under the PMAY (U) are being implemented by State Level Nodal Agency (SLNA) which is State Urban Development Authority (SUDA), Chhattisgarh through implementing agencies such as Urban Local Bodies, Chhattisgarh Housing Board and other Development Authorities etc.
- Students felicitated for outstanding leadership on I-Day 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- SHEIN celebrates first anniversary 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Former FM’s spouse remembers Vajpayee 18 Aug 2018 | VISHVENDU JAIPURIAR | in Ranchi
- Adhunik Power pays homage to Vajpayee 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- In brief 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Man convicted for raping minor girl 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- City girl wins IFTDA polls in Mumbai 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- DC: Lohardaga fairs well in special plan implementation 18 Aug 2018 | Vinod Prasad | in Ranchi
- Preparing for ash immersion, Haridwar still nostalgic 18 Aug 2018 | RADHIKA NAGRATH | in Dehradun
- NH-74 scam: IAS lobby flexes muscles, seeks to meet CM 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun