- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
Cong holds meet to make Rahul’s trip successful
Opposition Congress on Sunday held two separate meetings in Raipur and Ambikapur in Surguja to chalk out programmes for the upcoming visit of Congress president Rahul Gandhi on April 24.
Gandhi would be addressing a public meeting in tribal heartland Sitapur in vast Surguja district and will also address a zonal-level convention of Rajiv Gandhi Panchayati Raj Sangathan (RGPRS) in state capital.
The meeting at Ambikapur in Surguja was chaired by the Leader of Opposition T.S. Singdeo. All the Congress MLAs of the region and office bearers of organization were present in the meeting. It was decided at the meeting to organize the public meeting of AICC Chief at Sitapur stadium.
The prominent leaders who attended the meeting included Sitapur MLA Amarjeet Bhagat, MLA Chintamani Maharaj and District Congress President Balkrishna Pathak.
Sitapur is considered Congress bastion and BJP had failed to win the seat since the state came into existence in year 2000 with a split of Madhya Pradesh.
Chhattisgarh Pradesh Congress Committee President Bhupesh Baghel presided over the second preparation meeting in Raipur. Senior Congress leaders present in the meeting included former union minister Charandas Mahant, former Ministers Satyanarayan Sharma and Mohammed Akbar.
Baghel while briefing the reporters about the programme, told that Raipur function would be a zonal level silver jubilee programme of RGPRS. Panchayat and Urban Bodies representatives from Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, and Odisha would also participate in the convention along with Chhattisgarh, he said. The convention would be held at Indoor Stadium near Budha Talab.
- Pranaam Pawas: A poetic event organised to welcome monsoon 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Rudali: A play on women’s struggles staged 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- HC allows teenager rape victim to abort 26-week foetus 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Citizens plan to approach court if drive diluted 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- BJP MLAs & Cong leaders oppose anti-encroachment drive in Premnagar Bazaa 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- 155 cm height fixed for women candidates for police posts 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Woman straying away to Bengal returns home 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Hry Govt to begin special transport service for girl students of Mewat, Morni hills 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Punjab CM approves solar energy project in agri fields 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Inbrief 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi