Constitution is under attack: Rahul
Launching a scathing attack on Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Congress president Rahul Gandhi said the Indian Constitution is under “severe attack” and the current state of judiciary is like that of Pakistan.
Terming the invitation to BJP by the Governor to form Government in Karnataka, Rs a murder of democracy’,
Gandhi said in an aggressively loaded speech at Panchayati Raj Sammelan in Raipur, “there is an atmosphere of
fear in country and such a thing happens normally in dictatorships,’’.
“Usually people go to the Supreme Court for justice. But for the first time in 70 years we saw Supreme Court judges coming to the people complaining that they are being intimidated and they are not being allowed to do their job,” the Congress president remarked.
“It happened in Pakistan and Africa. But this happened for the first time in 70 years in India,” he said, referring to the Supreme Court's judges press conference earlier this year.
Rahul Gandhi’s remarks came hours after BJP leader B S Yeddyurappa was sworn-in as the Chief Minister of Karnataka where the Congress formed a post-poll alliance with the JD(S) after the election results produced a fractured mandate on May 15.
The Congress-JD(S) combine in the State has been claiming a majority with the support of 117 MLAs, the BJP has 104 seats in the Assembly which has 224 elected members. Polling was not held in two seats.
Gandhi also addressed a public rally at Pendra area in Bilaspur region a bastion of former chief minister Ajit Jogi, who deserted Congress last year and floated his own outfit to make a three-way fight in Chhattisgarh which goes to polls later this year.
He also addressed a rally at tribal-dominated Sitapur in state’s Surguja region and appealed people to vote out BJP in Chhattisgarh.
- Cooperation of all necessary to achieve target: Ramsheela Sahu 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CGPCC chief Bhupesh Baghel to hoist tricolour at ‘Rajiv Bhavan’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- NMDC Bacheli Complex bags FIMI’s ‘Tata Steel Mining Sustainability Award’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Govt officials employees to take compulsory pledge for voting 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CM meets Union Ministers on eco-sensitive zones, mines 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- IN BRIEF 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 300 Armymen move SC against AFSPA dilution 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- XIMB Fin Assn holds biz meet ‘Finomics’ 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 dowry deaths in Jspur; hubbies arrested 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Keonjhar DM holds grievance meet 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar