- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
Focus on loans for e-Rickshaws purchase: CS
The State-level Bankers' Committee (SLBC) meeting was held here on Thursday at the Mantralaya .
The meeting was presided over by Chief Secretary Vivek Dhand.
He called upon the bankers to pay emphasis on providing loans to buy e-Rickshaws for controlling pollution in Raipur, Durg, Bhilai, Rajnandgaon, Bilaspur and Korba.
Dhand also asked bankers to provide a boost to digital transactions, supplying adequate cash in rural ATMs and linking the social welfare schemes’ beneficiaries accounts with Aadhaar and mobile numbers.
He asked the officials to increase the loan disbursal to farmers so that their incomes are doubled by the year 2022.
Notably, Transport Minister Rajesh Munat in July this year had announced that there will now be no more permits issued for purchase of new fossil fuel powered auto rickshaws in the State.
Chairing a meeting of the State Road Safety Council in the Mantralaya here, the Minister also stated that sale of e-rickshaws will be promoted in Raipur city.
He directed officials to be firm with people who don’t wear helmet while riding two wheelers and take stern action.
Munat also directed officials to set up pollution checking centers at every petrol pump in the State.
The Minister also directed officials to take action against people who drive vehicle on the wrong side of roads and use mobile phone when driving .
The State Government in June last year had announced that Chhattisgarh is set to ban commercial vehicles which are more than 10 to 12 years old —mainly scores of diesel fuel powered autos, trucks and buses- the key culprits in spreading pollution. Buses plying on long-distance routes which are more than 12-years-old are already denied permits. The trucks which are more than 10 years old will not be given permits to ply on the roads, officials had informed.
Chief Minister Raman Singh had convened a meeting of senior government officials in a meeting of Chhattisgarh Environment Protection Board (CECB) at his official residence last year.
Singh, during the meeting had stated that the State Government would undertake stern measures to control pollution in the interest of the people of the State. The truck owners will be given one-year period to buy new vehicles. Registration of more than 8-year-old vehicles will also not be done in Chhattisgarh. No permits will be given to autos which are more than 10 years old in Raipur, Durg- Bhilai and Bilaspur, the meeting was informed.
The auto rickshaw owners will be given one-year period to convert the autos to e-Rickshaws. After this expiry period, the owners will not be given permits, it was decided last year.
The Chief Minister had also called upon the senior officers to prepare a master plan to curb pollution. Several crucial decisions were taken at the meeting. Proposals to ban old vehicles and shutting down industrial units spreading pollution were accepted.
He had stated that online monitoring of pollution levels of industrial units should be done. If the managements of units violate guidelines more than twice a month then steps should be taken to close down the defaulting industrial units.
- KASAULI, DAGSHAI AND SUBATHU: The Quaint Cantonment Hill stations 16 Jul 2018 | Amitabh Shukla | in Chandigarh
- ‘Writing’ to Lord Shiva is Cong’s shallow tactics: Chouhan 16 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Six of debt-ridden family commit suicide in Hazaribag 16 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Stormy monsoon session on cards in Jharkhand 16 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 2 BSF troopers martyred in gun battle with Maoists 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Govt to withdraw SC cases of businessmen on GST: Goyal 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Inbrief 16 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Fashion Designer of the Year Award presented 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- MPSSA first to provide int’l-level facilities to players: Vijay Kumar 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Several events presented under Uttaradhikar series 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal