- No-confidence motion against Modi government defeated
- I want to assure people of Andhra Pradesh that they will not be left behind : PM
- I am 'chowkidar' and 'bhagidar', but not a 'saudagar' like you: PM to Rahul Gandh
- PM Modi to visit South Africa, attend BRICS Summit from July 23
- LS takes up for discussion no-trust vote against Modi govt
- Shiv Sena MPs to remain absent for no-trust motion against Modi govt
- India, US first '2+2 dialogue' on September 6: State Department
‘Follow safety norms unfailingly’
We are all a part of the BALCO family. No member of the family should work without safety. We should all follow the safety norms unfailingly, and commit to make BALCO the safest plant in the world”, Vikas Sharma, CEO and Director, BALCO, said at the Suraksha Chaupal programme organized at Plant-II canteen here, a company press release informed.
In a first of its kind event, more than 200 officials, employees and contract laborers participated in the Suraksha Chaupal, it informed.
Sharma cited out the benefits of safety measures with different stand points.
He said that the reason for accidents was the failure to bring safety norms into habit. Safety measures should be practiced not with the intent to escape the fine but to bring it to the conscious behaviour.
Sharma emphasised on the use of all safety equipment during work. The car driver as well as the passengers wear safety belts. The Motorbike rider as well as the pillion wear helmet.
Deepak Prasad, Head, Aluminium Business, BALCO said that the management is always vigilant that the plant is accident free every day. The probability of accident increases when the established norms are not abided by. Overconfidence while working is also one of the major reasons for mishaps. Whatever the reason, it leads to a loss of human resource.
It is our responsibility to keep ourselves safe during work. If someone is found working without adequate safety measures, they should be stopped and encouraged to follow safety norms, he said
- CM grieves demise of Dr Ramchandra Singhdeo 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Maoist bandh cripples life in Malkangiri 21 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Raipur
- Got new lease of life, will work more for people’s welfare: Jogi 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CS sets tree plantation target for all industrial units 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Caloffee to provide European flavour to Raipurians 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Gariaband first in State with max. solar irrigation pumps 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- 90,000 trucks, goods carriers go on indefinite strike 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Attack on Swami Agnivesh is condemnable: Baba Ramdev 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Raipur becomes ‘future development layout city' 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- ‘Open MKCG 2nd gate in public interest’ 21 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar