Govt targets to settle 5L in Naya Raipur
Minister for PWD, Housing and Environment Minister Rajesh Munat on Thursday said that State Government has set the goal of ensuring settlement of five lakh people in Naya Raipur.
Addressing a press conference here to list out the achievements of ruling BJP Govt in the State during the last 14 years, he said that many Government offices including Secretariat and Departmental head office buildings and many residential colonies have been constructed in the new capital city.
The State Transport Department has removed all the check posts in the State for convenience of the public and all the District Transport Offices have been computerised and made online, he said.
E-rickshaws are being encouraged and the State Govt has decided to provide concession in transport tax for e-rickshaws for five years.
“PWD is doing construction works of various kinds in all 27 districts of State for public convenience at a war footing. It is also continually developing infrastructure for people of insurgency infested areas”, Munat said.
He informed that till date , 1890 kms of roads have been constructed in remote areas of insurgency-affected Bastar region and 1326 kms of roads have been constructed under Centre's scheme for LWE affected areas. In Bastar, 138 bridges have been constructed.
He said that in Chhattisgarh, 1962 kms of roads have been declared as highway and 12432 kms of roads have been declared as main district road.
- Series of events on World Photography Day 20 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- ‘Shiv Bhakts’ to throng temples on last Monday of shrawan 20 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Miscreants commit loot in broad daylight 20 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Fitness freaks sprint to success in ‘Jamshedpur Run’ 20 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- KMEH forms executive committee to encourage eye donation 20 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Ranchi girl shines at ‘Ms Plus Size’ beauty contest 20 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Six arrested for committing crimes in State capital 20 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 4 bodies recovered from well 20 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- 96 city buses fleet reduces to 15, no takers for city bus service 20 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jairam Ramesh posts positives about J’khand 20 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi