‘My organisation wants to conserve rare wild animal species in C’garh’
England Batsman Kevin Pieterson on Monday said that his organisation titled ‘Saroi’ wants to work for safety and conservation of rare wildlife animal species in Chhattisgarh.
The cricketer had called on Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh at his officials residence in Raipur.
He informed Chief Minister that he has formed an organization named 'Saroi' for safety and conservation of rare and extinct wild animals.
Pieterson said that he came to know about the rare wild buffalo and Hill Mynah of Chhattisgarh.
Notably the Cricketer had already adopted an orphaned cub of a Leopard at the Jungle Safari in Naya Raipur.
He said that his organisation wants to help in safety and conservation of these rare species.
The Chief Minister appreciated the efforts being made by Pieterson’s organization for cause of conserving the rare wild species and birds.
Singh provided more details about wild buffalo and Hill Mynah of Chhattisgarh.
The Chief Minister said that wild buffalo of Chhattisgarh is among extremely rare species. It is the State Animal of Chhattisgarh. Wild buffaloes are left few in numbers in Chhattisgarh.
Likewise, Hill Mynah is also an extremely rare species which has been declared as ‘State Bird’ , he said.
Pieterson added that this bird can mimic the human voice.
The Chief Minister also informed Pieterson about the efforts being made for safety and conservation of wild buffalo and Hill Myna.
Singh informed the Cricketer about Jungle Safari developed in Naya Raipur and invited him for a visit there.
On invitation of Chief Minister, Pieterson later visited Jungle Safari and praised the measures taken by State Government for safety and conservation of rare wild species.
In the meeting earlier with the Chief Minister, Pieterson gifted a cap of 'Saroi' and a cricket bad to him.
- Ranchi girl wins Int’l beauty contest 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Missing boy’s body found 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Chhattisgarh to provide `10 cr aid to Kerala 19 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Roy inspects repairing of pump house at Mango, water supply resumes 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Tribal Affairs Dept launches App for profile registration of beneficiaries 19 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Harmu River rejuvenation work to be completed in 2 months 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CS directs officials to keep watch over cattle smuggling 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- XLRI’s ‘Jamshedpur Run’ today 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Maoist surrender before police in Giridih 19 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- NMDC officials study Dhamtari solid waste mgt facility 19 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur