Oppn stages walkout over Land Ceiling Act issue
Opposition Congress members staged walkout in Chhattisgarh Assembly over the issue of Land Ceiling Act on Monday.
The members were not satisfied with the reply of Revenue Minister Prem Prakash Pandey.
Congress member Bhupesh Bahhel had raised the issue of private companies being given exemption under Land Ceiling Act.
He had alleged that the Act was an overlap with the Act formed by the Central Government.
The member asked if companies with mutual understanding buy land then do they get exemption on maximum purchase or not.
Revenue Minister Prem Prakash Pandey informed that there is a provision for exemption on diversion of land and after diversion it does not remain an agricultural land.
Baghel then asked if a land for which diversion had not taken place, will it have Land Ceiling Act encorced?
To this the Minister replied in the affirmative saying the power to take action is with the District Collector.
The Opposition members were not satisfied with the reply and staged a walkout.
- ‘Bhopal on Canvas’ painting exhibition at Swaraj Bhavan Art Gallery 21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Kids Zee School, Bhopal organises painting competition 21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Campion School Primary Cabinet installed in ceremonious way 21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Sawan Mela 2018 concludes on high note 21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Platform for modelling, acting for budding talents launched 21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Folk dance workshop for the young 21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Singles 21 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Threat by murder accused to jump off terrace in city 21 Aug 2018 | SR | in Bhopal
- In brief 21 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Creation of artificial life: Can we ‘play’ God? 21 Aug 2018 | GYANENDRA NATH MITRA | in Dehradun