Rahul Gandhi must remember Cong’s Emergency days: Kaushik
Commenting on the statement of All India Congress Committee (AICC) Chief Rahul Gandhi that there was a reign of terror prevailing in the country under Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) rule, State BJP President Dharamlal Kaushik said that the former must recall past deeds of the Congress rule during the Emergency period in the seventies.
Addressing mediapersons at BJP’s State Headquarters at Kushabhau Thakre Premises on Thursday, Kaushik said Rahul Gandhi should study the past of Congress party.
The country had witnessed censorship under Congress rule during Emergency in the seventies and had seen the attack on democratic institutions, he said.
He also recalled the days of 1984 riots and said the Congress party then was responsible for killings of thousands of Sikhs.
- Ranchi girl wins Int’l beauty contest 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Missing boy’s body found 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Chhattisgarh to provide `10 cr aid to Kerala 19 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Roy inspects repairing of pump house at Mango, water supply resumes 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Tribal Affairs Dept launches App for profile registration of beneficiaries 19 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Harmu River rejuvenation work to be completed in 2 months 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CS directs officials to keep watch over cattle smuggling 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- XLRI’s ‘Jamshedpur Run’ today 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Maoist surrender before police in Giridih 19 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- NMDC officials study Dhamtari solid waste mgt facility 19 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur