Rahul to inaugurate ‘Rajiv Bhawan’ today
Congress president Rahul Gandhi would be inaugurating the new Chhattisgarh Pradesh Congress Committee office building, ‘Rajiv Bhawan’ on August 10 at Shankar Nagar, Raipur.
As per the official programme announced, he would be arriving through regular flight on August 10 at 2.20 pm at Swami Vivekananda Airport, Raipur. On the route, the Congress workers and frontal organisation workers would welcome him on sides of road.
On reaching ‘Rajiv Bhawan’ he would be accorded Guard of Honour by Sewa Dal. At 3.30 pm he would unveil the plaque of Rajiv Bhawan to inaugurate it. He would then flag off the ‘Jangal Satyagrah’ drive by handing over the flag to Tribal Congress State president.
The media interaction would follow. After which he would be interacting with the doctors and invited representatives along with business community representatives at Rajiv Bhawan.
In the 700 capacity auditorium of ‘Rajiv Bhawan’ he would interact with the Congress MLAs, AICC members, CPCC members, frontal organisation State heads and other prominent leaders. He would then return to Delhi, through regular flight at 7.40 pm from Raipur.
The foundation stone was laid by Rahul Gandhi, during his tenure as vice-president on June 16, 2015. On that occasion, he had carried out footmarch in Dabhra in Janjgir-Champa district.
As per veteran Congress leaders, the present office of Congress Bhawan was established after the Raipur district Congress was formed in year 1939. Before that the office was being run from the Budhapara residence of late Pt Ravishankar Shukla, Chief Minister of undivided Madhya Pradesh.
The construction initiative started in year 1937 and was made in 20,181 square feet land. The construction started in year 1938, from the contribution of people which was around Rs 7,500. Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel in December 1939 inaugurated the building.
The historical building was visited by Mahatma Gandhi, Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel, Jawahar Lal Nehru, Dr Rajendra Prasad, Govind Vallabh Pant, Lal Bahadur Shastri, Mrs Indira Gandhi and other prominent leaders of Congress. Now, the historical building would be handed over to Raipur District Congress again.
The new building has been given a heritage look and has been constructed in 11,000 square feet area with parking underground, ground floor and first floor.
It has one conference hall with seating capacity of 700, another conference hall having seating capacity of 300 plus persons, one seminar hall with around 25 seating capacity which has all hi-tech facilities including video-conferencing, power point presentation among others. It would also be used as board meeting as when required. The first floor has around 20 rooms and ground floor 12 rooms which are mainly offices of office bearers. There is one media-room which will be used for media interaction having capacity of 30 plus person. It has also separate toilet facilities in each floor for women and men including waiting space.
- Ranchi girl wins Int’l beauty contest 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Missing boy’s body found 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Chhattisgarh to provide `10 cr aid to Kerala 19 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Roy inspects repairing of pump house at Mango, water supply resumes 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Tribal Affairs Dept launches App for profile registration of beneficiaries 19 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Harmu River rejuvenation work to be completed in 2 months 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CS directs officials to keep watch over cattle smuggling 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- XLRI’s ‘Jamshedpur Run’ today 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Maoist surrender before police in Giridih 19 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- NMDC officials study Dhamtari solid waste mgt facility 19 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur