Returning Officers, AROs undergoes training
Chhattisgarh Chief Electoral Office as per directives of Election Commission of India is organising two days training programme of Returning Officers and Assistant Returning Officers of Chhattisgarh as part of orientation programme before the state general election. The training is being held at Chhattisgarh Administrative Training Institute based at Nirmora, Raipur.
According to information provided by State CEO office, around seven returning officers (Collectors) and 102 Returning Officers are undergoing training. The training topics include the working and function of Electronic Voting Machines (EVM), Voter Verifiable Paper Audit
Trail (VVPAT) machines, the accepting of nomination papers and necessary documents, scrutiny of nomination papers, other election processes and necessary basic documentation for the before polling, polling and thereafter.
Recently, for first time in the country, ECI has conducted test for the Returning Officers and Assistant Returning Officers in Chhattisgarh. Few of them failed in the examination due to which ECI has issued stern warning against the officials. The training is also part of the certification programme initiated by the ECI to bring standardisation in the election procedure and transparency with aim of holding the election free, fair and peaceful.
- Students felicitated for outstanding leadership on I-Day 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- SHEIN celebrates first anniversary 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Former FM’s spouse remembers Vajpayee 18 Aug 2018 | VISHVENDU JAIPURIAR | in Ranchi
- Adhunik Power pays homage to Vajpayee 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- In brief 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Man convicted for raping minor girl 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- City girl wins IFTDA polls in Mumbai 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- DC: Lohardaga fairs well in special plan implementation 18 Aug 2018 | Vinod Prasad | in Ranchi
- Preparing for ash immersion, Haridwar still nostalgic 18 Aug 2018 | RADHIKA NAGRATH | in Dehradun
- NH-74 scam: IAS lobby flexes muscles, seeks to meet CM 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun