‘Striving to reduce malnutrition among kids’
Woman, Child Development and Social Welfare Minister, Ramsheela Sahu, on Thursday said that the Chhattisgarh Government has initiated ‘Sakhi’ - a one-stop centre, in all the districts of the State to protect women from any atrocity or harassment.
The Centre is one of its kinds in the entire country and is getting appreciation. There is also a woman helpline number 181 which a woman can dial to register complaints, she said.
The Minister was addressing the media persons to list out the achievement of her Department during the past 14 years.
She said that the State is striving hard to protect the children from malnutrition. He said that this is his top priority.
In this regard, ‘Mukhyamantri Bal Sandarbh Yojana’ was launched to bring down malnutrition among children, Sahu said.
To protect the rights of children Chhattisgarh State Child Right Protection Commission has been established in the State, she informed. It must be written here that a number of children die every year due to malnutrition and in order to check it, the Government has taken a number of steps to correct it. And the government has got positive response from everyone. It must be written here that after the formation of the BJP led government, the childmortality rate comedown considerably.Replying to query that the ‘Anganwadi Centres’ do not have their own buildings, the Minister said process of constructing buildings is on and soon the buildings which had been approved by the Department would get ready.
- Odia version of PM’s ‘Exam Warriors’ released 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Bid to gag media must be protested’ 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Librarians key to modern education system’ 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 girls die, three others critical of JSpur family 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Lions Club BBSR holds installation festival 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Cong protests over CMC failures 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Woman succumbs to labour pain in absence of doctor 14 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Jajpur teacher held for raping minor 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Giridih police seize 37 cattle 14 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- A’garh newlywed dies due to burn injury 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar