- Former Union minister P Chidambaram moves Delhi court seeking anticipatory bail in
- NASA set to launch world's first mission to touch the Sun
- Need to strike a balance between conflicting rights of protestors and that of citizens:
- Toronto police say nine people shot and shooter is dead in city's Greektown.
Welfare schemes are not merely empty slogans: Raman
Chief Minister Raman Singh on Monday said that State Government has worked for the eradication of poverty for the past 14 years .
The social welfare schemes are not merely empty slogans but they are implemented in right earnest to help the poor and usher in egalitarian society, he said.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi had accorded top priority to the betterment of villages, the poor and farmers, and all the State Government schemes are meant to meet this end, Singh said.
The Chief Minister was addressing a huge gathering after inaugurating a 'Pragati-Awaas Mela' (Development Housing Fair) at Batwahi village of Lundra development block in Surguja district.
Singh said that the picture of Surguja had been transformed radically during the past decade. Network of roads-bridges-culverts is being laid in the entire district.
Surguja is touching the heights of development. Referring to the huge gathering at the venue he added that people's participation in the socio-economic development of the State is visible, he said.
Singh said that roads worth Rs 670 crore are being laid in Surguja district alone.
The Chief Minister said that an amount of Rs 23.53 crore had been allocated for the construction of an airport at the Divisional headquarter town Ambikapur which is fast nearing completion.
Surguja will be on the map of airways soon.
Singh sanctioned a bus stand at village Raghunathpur, cement concrete roads at village panchayat Batwaahi, Laamgaon and Raghunathpur, Stop Dam at Nawapara and Rs 1.50 crore for nursery of vegetables for farmers, he said.
The Chief Minister gave letters of sanction of houses to about 4792 beneficiaries under the Prime Minister Housing Project.
He also gave relief materials of about Rs 63.35 crore to 8,471 beneficiaries and also distributed domestic cooking gas connections to about 400 women under the Prime Minister 'Ujjwala' scheme.
He provided electricity sanction letters to 500 applicants.
Singh dedicated and performed 'bhoomipujan' of 17 development works worth Rs 110 crore.
He said that 55 lakh Smart phones will be distributed from the month of May under the State Information Revolution policy. Smart phones will be given away during Vikas Yatra.
The State Government had decided to distribute Smart phones to graduate and post-graduate students , he said.
The Chief Minister said that if one is keen on observing the socio-economic progress of a state one should tour Chhattisgarh.
He said once the poorer sections of the society consumed 'kanki' (bits of rice) and are now eating rice at Re 1 a kilogram.
He added that about 4792 beneficiaries need not run after any official to get houses as they are allotted sanction letters at the fair itself. They are entering new era of development.
The Chief Minister said that as he is a doctor and understands the predicament of the family in providing treatment to a patient and hence he provided medical insurance cover of Rs 50,000 to each patient.
He added that the policies and programmes of Union and State Governments are for the benefit of larger sections of the society.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi had launched Ayushmaan Bharat scheme couple of days back which entails medical coverage of Rs 5 lakh per head per year, Singh said.
About 60,000 families had obtained free domestic gas connections in Surguja district. All the houses in the hinterland will be provided with electricity connections soon. The children of forest dwellers are entering the portals of elite educational institutes all over the country. Home Minister Ramsevak Paikra, Labour Minister Bhaiyyalal Rajwade and large number of people's representatives were also present on the occasion.
- Cong looking for new district president in Raipur 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Marriage of daughter is a heart touching moment: CM 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Mobile phones distribution to commence from July 30 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- New hospitals at Raipur,Korba & Dallirajhara 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Raipur to have Tennis Academy 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Jogi makes Richa in-charge for Rajnandgaon constituency 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Ambulance employees’ stir continues 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Camel’s Back Road: Mussoorie's Invaluable Heritage 23 Jul 2018 | JASKIRAN CHOPRA | in Dehradun
- Signature campaign launched, seeking probibition on pornography 23 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Kokaa Kokaa launched 23 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun