‘Why build Asia’s largest golf course? Build hospital instead’
Levelling allegations of corruption in the State Public Works Department (PWD), senior Congress leader and former Leader of Opposition in the Chhattisgarh Assembly, Ravindra Choubey on Thursday said that not a single big project including North-South Corridor was completed by the BJP government in the past 14 years.
Addressing a press conference here on Thursday, Choubey charged Chhattisgarh PWD minister Rajesh Munat with giving false information in the State Assembly.
He said that the work of construction of flyovers from Rajkumar College to Shashtri Chowk and Railway Station to Old PHQ in Raipur was under progress and had said that Rs 5 crore has been expended in it.Instead of constructing them, the Government in haste started the construction of sky walk even though it was of no utility, Choubey said.
He also mocked the plan of the department for making Asia’s biggest Golf Course and said instead a hospital for poor people should have been constructed.
Choubey also criticized the plan of the Department to settle 5 lakh population in Naya Raipur till year 2030. Why the Minister has no concern over the 12.5 lakh people living in Raipur, he asked.
- Odia version of PM’s ‘Exam Warriors’ released 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Bid to gag media must be protested’ 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Librarians key to modern education system’ 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 girls die, three others critical of JSpur family 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Lions Club BBSR holds installation festival 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Cong protests over CMC failures 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Woman succumbs to labour pain in absence of doctor 14 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Jajpur teacher held for raping minor 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Giridih police seize 37 cattle 14 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- A’garh newlywed dies due to burn injury 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar