Wildlife Conservation Week from Oct 2
The State Forest Department will observe Wildlife Conservation Week from October 2 to 8 on the occasion of Father of Nation Mahatma Gandhi’s birth anniversary.
During this week, a number of events and competitions such as bicycle rally, painting competition, essay competition, debate competition and quiz competitions will be organized, officials stated.
Forest Department officials informed that students of Std 9th to 12th, members of cycle club, forest officials-employees can participate in the bicycle rally to be organized on October 2, which will commence at 7 am from official residence of Forest Minister at Shankar Nagar in Raipur.
On October 3, painting competition on topic coexistence of human and wildlife will be organized for students of 6th-8th standard and 9th to 12th standard. Likewise, on October 4, essay writing competition will be organized on topic ‘wildlife conservation in today’s perspective’, for students of 9th to 12th standard.
Debate competition on the topic ‘existence of human being depends on existence of wildlife’ will be organized on October 5, and quiz competition based on general knowledge about wildlife will be organized on October 6 for students of 9th to 12th standard.
This event will be organized at Rangers Association Hall Pandri, Raipur.Officers informed that other than the given programmes, wildlife film festival will also be organized from October 3 to 7 at Rangers Association Hall Pandri, Raipur.
Officers informed that prize distribution and concluding ceremony will be organized on October 8 at 10 am at New Circuit House Raipur, where winners, first runner-ups and second runner-ups of aforementioned competitions will be awarded prizes.
- Cooperation of all necessary to achieve target: Ramsheela Sahu 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CGPCC chief Bhupesh Baghel to hoist tricolour at ‘Rajiv Bhavan’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- NMDC Bacheli Complex bags FIMI’s ‘Tata Steel Mining Sustainability Award’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Govt officials employees to take compulsory pledge for voting 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CM meets Union Ministers on eco-sensitive zones, mines 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- IN BRIEF 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 300 Armymen move SC against AFSPA dilution 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- XIMB Fin Assn holds biz meet ‘Finomics’ 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 dowry deaths in Jspur; hubbies arrested 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Keonjhar DM holds grievance meet 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar