- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
Women’s Commission favours capital punishment for rapists
Chhattisgarh State Women’s Commission (CSWC) has recommended the state government for amendment in Protection of Children from Sexual Offence (POCSO) Act 2012 of Indian Penal Code and had demanded death penalty for rapist of girls aging below 12 years.
Crime on girl child at tender age is on rise across the country and protest all over is on with the similar demand. Recently gang rape incidents in Uttar Pradesh and Jammu had received nationwide condemnation and people are strongly demanding amendment in the POSCO Act.
Notable, recently the Haryana government terming the rape of girl child below 12 years of age a serious offence had made provisions for death penalty to the guilty.
Citing the case of Haryana, a similar provision is sought by the CSWC through a letter to Principal Secretary Women and Child Welfare in Chhattisgarh government. The letter has been written by Secretary, CSWC R.J. Kushwaha on behalf of the Commission. It is really a very,very shameful act for the civilised society.
In the letter the Commission expressed apprehension on increasing sexual assault on minor girl child. Keeping in view the rise in crime, current act must be amended and the guilty must be punished with capital punishment, the Commission has demanded.
- Pranaam Pawas: A poetic event organised to welcome monsoon 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Rudali: A play on women’s struggles staged 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- HC allows teenager rape victim to abort 26-week foetus 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Citizens plan to approach court if drive diluted 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- BJP MLAs & Cong leaders oppose anti-encroachment drive in Premnagar Bazaa 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- 155 cm height fixed for women candidates for police posts 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Woman straying away to Bengal returns home 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Hry Govt to begin special transport service for girl students of Mewat, Morni hills 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Punjab CM approves solar energy project in agri fields 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Inbrief 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi