For the first time in Jharkhand a two-day conference on vitreo-retina was organised in the premises of Kashyap Memorial Eye Hospital on Sunday. The basic idea behind it was to generate awareness among the medical students regarding vitreo-retina therapy.
Doctors from all across the globe who are specialised in vitreo-retina participated in the conference. Health Minister Rajendra Prasad Singh inaugurated the conference. On the occasion he said, “Our State medical students will also receive the same amount of stipend like other State students. Moreover, in Jamshedpur and Dhanbad a cardinal unit will be started.”
Dr Kamal Kishor from Illinois Retina Institute, USA said, “India is considered as a capital of diabetic patients and it is mostly found that among these patients chances of retina problem is very high. Moreover, the budding doctors also do not prefer opting this stream as it becomes a costly affair in setting a fully-equipped hospital as the technologies are imported for USA and Germany. The need of the hour is to increase vitreo-retina specialists in the country as we do not have adequate number of doctors.”
According to Director of Kashyap Memorial Eye Hospital, Bharti Kashyap, it is an effort of creating awareness among the budding doctors and we are hopeful that our effort will show positive sign in near future.
- ‘Bhopal on Canvas’ painting exhibition at Swaraj Bhavan Art Gallery 21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Kids Zee School, Bhopal organises painting competition 21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Campion School Primary Cabinet installed in ceremonious way 21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Sawan Mela 2018 concludes on high note 21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Platform for modelling, acting for budding talents launched 21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Folk dance workshop for the young 21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Singles 21 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Threat by murder accused to jump off terrace in city 21 Aug 2018 | SR | in Bhopal
- In brief 21 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Creation of artificial life: Can we ‘play’ God? 21 Aug 2018 | GYANENDRA NATH MITRA | in Dehradun