- No-confidence motion against Modi government defeated
- I want to assure people of Andhra Pradesh that they will not be left behind : PM
- I am 'chowkidar' and 'bhagidar', but not a 'saudagar' like you: PM to Rahul Gandh
- PM Modi to visit South Africa, attend BRICS Summit from July 23
- LS takes up for discussion no-trust vote against Modi govt
- Shiv Sena MPs to remain absent for no-trust motion against Modi govt
- India, US first '2+2 dialogue' on September 6: State Department
ACB traps Bishunpura BDO as 100th catch this year
With the arrest of Bishunpura Block Development Officer Ashok Kumar Sinha from Garhwa while taking a bribe of Rs 10,000 for construction of goat-shed on Wednesday, the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) has succeeded in trapping its 100th catch, the highest since the State came into being in 2000.
Talking to the media at ACB headquarters, DIG Niranjan Prasad said that the maximum number of 29 trappings was conducted in Hazaribagh Division while the lowest of 6 cases were reported in Dumka.
Prasad said that the ACB team on Wednesday trapped Sinha red-handed after a written complaint was filed by Lal Bahadur Singh that he was demanding a bribe of Rs 10,000 for giving approval to the construction of a goatshed which was already passed during a general meeting of Gram Sabha. The action was taken by the ACB after proper verification that the bribe was being demanded by Sinha, he added.
Giving details of achievements during the last 220 days this year, SP Manoj Kumar Singh said that one trapping had been conducted on each alternative day.
“Credit goes to the people who have become aware and started complaining making it possible for us to arrest 100 people in 220 days’ time. There were 84 trapping cases in 2016 compared to 54 such cases in 2015.
“Our new concept of establishing six Divisional Offices at Hazaribagh, Dhanbad, Palamu, Ranchi, Jamshedpur and Dumka, helped us a lot in reaching out to the people and making it possible for them to lodge complaints there only,” said the SP. Earlier, they had to approach ACB headquarters in Ranchi to lodge a complaint against corrupt officials, he added.
Revealing department-wise data of trappings, Singh said that maximum 30 officials from the Land Reforms and Revenue Department were arrested while the Rural Development remained on second position with 23 arrests, Nagar Nigam and Panchayati Raj remained third with 10 and Police fourth with 9 arrests so far.
“So far maximum amount of Rs 50,000 was seized during trapping of Assistant Forest Conservator in Hazaribagh Pramod Kumar Agrawal. Medical Officer at Nimdih in Jamshedpur Snehlata Kumari along with a clerk Hiralal Mukhi were arrested and a sum of Rs 40,000 bribe amount was seized from their possession,” said the SP.
“Gradually, conviction rate has also started increasing in the trapping cases and two persons Junior Engineer Lalan Prasad Singh of Gumla and an employee at Regional Education Centre in Mandar Ram Bacchan Singh were sent to jail yesterday after the court sentenced them for five years along with a fine of Rs 5000 to each of them,” said Singh. It will be ensured in future that people trapped by ACB gets convicted, he added.
- CM grieves demise of Dr Ramchandra Singhdeo 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Maoist bandh cripples life in Malkangiri 21 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Raipur
- Got new lease of life, will work more for people’s welfare: Jogi 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CS sets tree plantation target for all industrial units 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Caloffee to provide European flavour to Raipurians 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Gariaband first in State with max. solar irrigation pumps 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- 90,000 trucks, goods carriers go on indefinite strike 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Attack on Swami Agnivesh is condemnable: Baba Ramdev 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Raipur becomes ‘future development layout city' 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- ‘Open MKCG 2nd gate in public interest’ 21 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar