- No-confidence motion against Modi government defeated
- I want to assure people of Andhra Pradesh that they will not be left behind : PM
- I am 'chowkidar' and 'bhagidar', but not a 'saudagar' like you: PM to Rahul Gandh
- PM Modi to visit South Africa, attend BRICS Summit from July 23
- LS takes up for discussion no-trust vote against Modi govt
- Shiv Sena MPs to remain absent for no-trust motion against Modi govt
- India, US first '2+2 dialogue' on September 6: State Department
Admin releases helpline numbers, assures free and fair polls
The Ranchi district administration today released helpline numbers to help conduct free and fair civic polls across the Capital city.
A day ahead of Municipal Election – 2018, Ranchi DC, Rai Mahimapat Ray said on Sunday that the district administration is all prepared to conduct civic poll and is expecting good voters’ turnout.
Ray further said that the special teams have been formed to address people’s grievances. “The district administration has come up with a few helpline numbers for public convenience. Looking at the footfall of electorates, three control rooms have been established here in State Capital whereas one centralized control unit will be functional at Bundu block to register complaints,” the Ranchi DC said.
According to the instructions of senior district officials, the control rooms have been setup at Circle Office, Hehal (08083946915) and Hatia Guest House (08580311479). Also, a centralized control unit (08580311469 and 08580311467) has been made functional here in Ranchi to counter anomalies.
As per the district administration officials, the polling staffs have been advised to maintain the timeline. After mock polling which is scheduled from 6 AM to 7 AM, voters will be allowed to cast their votes from 7 AM onwards at their respective booths. Polling will continue till 5 PM.
For the first time, a special arrangement has been made by the district administration to encourage voters and improve voters’ turnout.
A special blue certificate will be issued to every first male voter while a special pink certificate will be handed over to the every first female voter at each polling booth, who will be the first citizen to cast their vote from the respective polling centers.
There will be three Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) at the polling centers – Pink EVMs will be for Mayoral candidates, Green EVMs will be for Deputy Mayoral candidates and White EVMs will be for ward councilor aspirants.
To ensure glitch free voting at the designated polling centers, the officials said that Industry Training Institute (ITI) specialists have been deputed and at least 10 per cent EVMs have been kept in reserve.
The officials assured that in maximum 10 minutes time, technical default, if arises, will be addressed by the experts on the spot or else the EVM machines will be replaced. As many as 8 lakh voters are expected to cast their votes from Ranchi. Over 6518 EVMs will be used here in State Capital.
From security perspective, two companies of Rapid Action Force (RAF), quick response team including fire tenders have been deputed to keep strict vigil on anti-social elements. Out of 808 polling booths in Ranchi, 336 polling booths have been considered most sensitive while 281 polling booths have been demarcated under vulnerable category. 191 polling booths are normal booths.
At Bundu Block, seven polling booths have been demarcated under vulnerable category. 16 polling booths are there at Bundu Block.
Ranchi SSP, Kuldeep Dwivedi assured that police personnel are on toes to ensure proper law and order situation. Dwivedi further added that no additional assistance of paramilitary forces have been taken, Jharkhand Police is solely managing this civic poll affair. Meanwhile, Sadar SDO, Anjali Yadav said, “Miscreants are on district administration’s radar. The raid proceedings will continue. To ensure that Model Code of Conduct is not being violated by any candidate, groups, political parties or a person specific, videography of polling booths will be done while magistrates will be present at the polling centers.”
- CM grieves demise of Dr Ramchandra Singhdeo 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Maoist bandh cripples life in Malkangiri 21 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Raipur
- Got new lease of life, will work more for people’s welfare: Jogi 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CS sets tree plantation target for all industrial units 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Caloffee to provide European flavour to Raipurians 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Gariaband first in State with max. solar irrigation pumps 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- 90,000 trucks, goods carriers go on indefinite strike 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Attack on Swami Agnivesh is condemnable: Baba Ramdev 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Raipur becomes ‘future development layout city' 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- ‘Open MKCG 2nd gate in public interest’ 21 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar