Assets of identified naxals to be confiscated: DGP
Assets and property of top naxals across Jharkhand, Bihar, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh will be confiscated said state DGP D K Pandey, who convened a high level meeting in Latehar today wherein top officials of CRPF and anti naxal operations took part. SPs of Palamu , Garhwa and Latehar were there too.
Pandey said there is a top Maoist Navin Yadav from Bihar. He and his kin have amassed huge wealth by way of levy extracted by him on his being a Maoist. Yadav’s parents, brothers, sisters and other relatives are the recipient of his illegal and unlawful aggrandizement of wealth. Yadav’s in laws are also neo rich courtesy this Maoist. Now all these will be confiscated said DGP adding serious efforts are on in this direction.
In the same vein DGP said there is Chhotu Kharwar. He is of Jharkhand. His wealth too would be seized under law.
CPI Maoists’ Sudhakar Reddy and his wife Nalini own huge property and factory in Hyderabad. Their wealth is illicit. Our security forces will draw steps to disarm Reddy and his wife Nalini of their assets and property. They have become rich by foul means and now they are set to lose it he reminded.
DGP said there are 2 or 3 more Maoists who sneak in Jharhand from Bihar and create trouble. These will be tamed and stripped of their wealth and assets.
DGP conceded that confiscation or seizure of their wealth/ asset requires a well co ordinate effort and it will be assured. There will be separate and independent team of police officials to go about this attachment of Maoists property. The team will be for Jharkhand, Bihar, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana etc.
The DGP said SPs and DIG have been directed here to provide security cover to contractors/ executing agencies engaged in developmental schemes here so that they be not coerced to pay levy to the Maoists. He said under no circumstances the cycle of development is to halt for these Maoists.
Active Maoists are under our scanner he said. Police will ensure priority trial of naxals under judicial custody and where execution of warrants, seizure/ attachment of property kurki jabtee is to e done it has to be done with speed and caution DGP reiterated.
DGP said police will further tone up its investigation and chargesheet so that in the court of law conviction does not get a miss for the naxals. Every naxal must be punished according to the law of the land.
Pandey said that he has asked SPs and DIG here to sit atleast once a week where they can exchange notes on naxals and other related issues. He said security component will reach first in the integrated development centre than the development component . DGP said police would now also take officials of the forest department in such centres as their stakes too are high.
The rural ‘Haat’ and bazaars are to be upgraded wherein DGP said he had a talk with DC Latehar Rajiv Kumar on this issue too.
As for roping in eligible boys and girls of interior and remote villages here DGP said police will work in tandem with civil officials to provide these young boys and girls skill development courses.
- Ranchi girl wins Int’l beauty contest 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Missing boy’s body found 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Chhattisgarh to provide `10 cr aid to Kerala 19 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Roy inspects repairing of pump house at Mango, water supply resumes 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Tribal Affairs Dept launches App for profile registration of beneficiaries 19 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Harmu River rejuvenation work to be completed in 2 months 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CS directs officials to keep watch over cattle smuggling 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- XLRI’s ‘Jamshedpur Run’ today 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Maoist surrender before police in Giridih 19 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- NMDC officials study Dhamtari solid waste mgt facility 19 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur