Bokaro district admin bust examination paper leak racket
The Bokaro district administration and police on Tuesday claimed to have busted a racket in the Industrial Training Centre, Chas Bokaro, following leak of question papers of an examination conducted by the Labour Employment and Training Department, Ranchi, Jharkhand.
At least 6 suspects, including Director of Asha ITC, Solagidih, Chas, Bokaro, have been arrested during raids in Asha ITC, Solgdih, Birsa ITC Bypass, and JPS, ITC Balidih, Bokaro since midnight on Monday.
Following a tip off about the leak police conducted raids in Asha ITC, Solagidih, Birsa Vikas ITC and JPS Memorial ITC, Balidih and arrested 7 people from the institutions. Police recovered 15 mobile phones, one laptop and cash Rs 1,24,570 at different places, said Bokaro SP, Kartik S.
Sources said in the steel city that examination would be cancelled at the examination centers and the process for cancellation is going on. The examinations were held for different papers at six centers across the city.
Labour Employment and Training Department, Ranchi has ordered an internal enquiry and further action will be taken based on the findings .Examinations were likely to be countermanded in more centers.
Bokaro DC, Mirtunjay Kumar Barnawal said altogether seven persons who have leaked the question were detained identified as Asha Upadhyay, Jai Kumar Mishra, Basudeo Gope, Deepak Kumar Yadav, Chandan Kumar, Suman Kumar, and Abhinav Kumar .
A case has been registered under various sections of the Indian Penal Code and Prevention of Corruption Act against the accused who were being brought to Chas police station for further probe. Among those arrested 6 were from Asha ITC, Solagidih and one from Birsa Vikas ITC , Bypass, Chas Road, Bokaro .The district administration had received information a couple of days back from an institute which conducts examination for ITC aspirants that some city students were to be given the question papers in advance for a price. Around local administration, police laid a trap and caught the culprits.
- Tiwari promises to take up NH 33 plight issue with Centre 22 Aug 2018 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- SEBI workshop at VVPS 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Inbrief 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- IIM-R to establish centre in the name of Atal Bihari Vajpayee 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Palamu facing drought, rain deficit 55.33 %, says Kishore 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM fiat to link rescued trafficking victim girls with jobs 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Deoghar-Basukinath road to become four-lane 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 2 teenage girls commit suicide by jumping from Tenught Dam 22 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- DRM felicitates Key Man Mathur for averting accident 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Create separate mngmt wing at big hospitals: CM 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi