Cardiology doctors issued showcause
Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) Acting Director RK Srivastava issued Show Cause notices to two Cardiology department senior doctors on Saturday giving them time of 24 hours to reply about the brawl that took place between them on Friday. However, sources said that the fight between two doctors could unearth unethical practices since long time and could resolve the issue once and for all.
Srivastava, at the same time, admitted that the accusations against one of the Cardiology Department doctors involved in scuffle, Head of the Department Hemant Narayan Rai, was unfortunately not new for the hospital and former Director BL Sherwal too was aware of it.
A copy of one such complaint made to RIMS Director on January 6 by RIMS Cardiology Department Assistant Professor Dr Praveen Kumar Srivastava is available with the Pioneer in which he charged Dr Rai of unethical and unskilled works done by the latter. “Dr Hemant Narayan, HoD Cardiology doesn’t know how to perform percutaneous angioplasty. From last seven years he is trying to learn interventional procedures at the cost of patients’ lives. Lots of such cases were witnessed in past and multiple complaints have been filed regarding the same,” said letter of Dr Srivastava to RIMS Director.
Notably, Rai and Dr Prakash Kumar sustained injuries after a fight between them erupted over the issue of allowing a visiting doctor from Delhi to conduct a heart surgery of a RIMS patient. The incident took place at catheterisation lab in the afternoon when Dr Kumar objected to Dr Roy’s alleged practice of allowing visiting practitioner to conduct surgery and said that any outsider doctor shouldn’t be allowed to conduct surgery in a government hospital without consent of hospital authorities.
“The issue is not new and Dr Rai keeps on doing this. He keeps on calling outsider doctors at his will to conduct cardiac procedures whenever he finds himself getting exposed of not knowing even some of the angioplasty procedures. Even many doctors have written to the RIMS authorities earlier also about his malpractices, but he has never been framed,” said a doctor familiar with RIMS Cardiology Department activities, seeking anonymity.
“The charge against Dr Rai of calling outsider doctors on occasions is not new. Such complaints against him were made to former Director BL Sherwal also and I don’t know what happened to them. A formal complaint to me has been made for the first time and I have issued showcause notices to both the doctors involved in brawl. I shall take action based upon their replies,” said Acting Director Srivastava. Dr Rai was not approachable to clarify his stand on the matter on Saturday.
- Demolition continues, encroachment in gated colonies to be razed too 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Massive plantation drive: DM takes stock of situation 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- KFW to provide fund for cleaning Ganga & clean drinking water 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Dehradun may experience heavy rain fall 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Vacant posts of teachers in the universities should be filled soon: Guv 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM raises RAF shift with Rajnath 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Power generation resumes at Chilla power house 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Administrative void in GDMC hospital 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Shahzad keeps political options open 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Speculations rife as CM, Bhatt summoned to Delhi 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun