- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
CM promises support to SHGs making sanitary pads
As Akshay Kumar starrer ‘Pad Man’ continues to rule box office, Chief Minister Raghubar Das on Monday interacted with members of Self Help Group at Bagunhatu engaged in manufacturing of sanitary pads. With support of corporate funds, a SHG is engaged in manufacturing sanitary pads from past six months.
Das visited Swabhimaan, SHG that manufactures sanitary napkins under a CSR project of Tata Steel Processing and Distribution Ltd (TSPDL). Das said that such women SHGs making sanitary napkins should be provided to school girls that will not only provide menstruation hygiene but also employment among women.
“We will support such SHGs working in the field of health and hygiene. Moreover, we also want such groups to work in the field of shoe manufacturing. This will result in income generation and job opportunities,” he said.
The Chief Minister also met with local people under his Legislative Assembly Area Jamshedpur East. He personally interacted with residents.
Talking to local citizens, he said that the Government is dedicated towards development of State with special focus on cleanliness and infrastructure. He said that the people will reap the benefits of the several welfare schemes is his Government’s priority.
Das went to Surya Mandir at Sidhgora and met with office bearers. He also spoke to the party workers at Bagunhatu, under Jamshedpur East Assembly area. He asked party leaders to support the administration carry development work.
“This is also my home Assembly area. We need to ensure that the development work is carried smoothly. However, if they find any irregularities they can raise their voice,” said Das. He made it clear to the party workers that before creating uproar they must talk to the authorities concerned and if they are not satisfied they can raise their voices.
- KASAULI, DAGSHAI AND SUBATHU: The Quaint Cantonment Hill stations 16 Jul 2018 | Amitabh Shukla | in Chandigarh
- ‘Writing’ to Lord Shiva is Cong’s shallow tactics: Chouhan 16 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Six of debt-ridden family commit suicide in Hazaribag 16 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Stormy monsoon session on cards in Jharkhand 16 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 2 BSF troopers martyred in gun battle with Maoists 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Govt to withdraw SC cases of businessmen on GST: Goyal 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Inbrief 16 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Fashion Designer of the Year Award presented 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- MPSSA first to provide int’l-level facilities to players: Vijay Kumar 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Several events presented under Uttaradhikar series 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal