Cong demands CS, DGP removal
Not in a mood to leave any space for the Government to sit idle over charges against two senior most officials of the State, Chief Secretary Rajbala Verma and Director General of Police (DGP) DK Pandey, Jharkhand Pradesh Congress Committee (JPCC) on Saturday slammed the BJP-led Government and said that it lost faith of people of the State.
JPCC president Ajoy Kumar said on Saturday at a press conference that both the topmost officials responsible for maintaining administration and law and order in State, the Chief Secretary and the DGP, should be dethroned as early as possible, because administration and law and order should in no case be handed over to dented officials who were found misusing their power and position.
“Good governance and justice appear to have no meaning in State and people have lost faith in government completely. Being a responsible opposition, Congress Party demands immediate removal of both the senior most officials of the State and judicial enquiry of charges against them. We strongly believe that the administration must not be left in the hands of such officials at all even for a moment,” said Kumar on the day.
Kumar came up with series of charges against both the officials in past and said that the government lost moral ground to lead the State with such dented officials. “DGP is directly charged with Bakoria (fake) encounter in which he ordered the then ADG MV Rao to go slow in investigation of the case despite Jharkhand High Court asking to complete the investigation, and he kept on transferring all the officials who tried to unearth realities behind Bakoria encounter case. Moreover, Rao was sent to New Delhi and no one has been assigned to continue the investigation even after transfer of Rao creates lot many questions on the intent of the Government on the matter,” said Kumar.
“Not only that, Pandey is also charged with conducting surrender event of 514 naxals in 2015 who were actually innocent villagers in his capacity as CRPF IG, and protecting money laundering accused of arrest in capacity of Ranchi Range IG. Pandey is also facing charges of not taking action over Election Commission recommendations during Rajya Sabha election last year,” charged Kumar where senior congress leaders and office bearers were also present.
As far as charges against Rajbala Verma is concerned, JPCC leaders attacked the government of protecting an official who was responsible for five hunger deaths in the State as her order to stop releasing ration to those with no Aadhaar seeding left such people starving. “That is not alone, the CS is charged with financial irregularities in Momentum Jharkhand: Global Investors Summit last year. Not replying to around two dozen notices in her alleged involvement in fodder scam shows that the government is determined to save her and CM Raghubar Das is saving her as she saved Das when the latter was Urban Development Minister,” alleged Kumar.
- Demolition continues, encroachment in gated colonies to be razed too 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Massive plantation drive: DM takes stock of situation 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- KFW to provide fund for cleaning Ganga & clean drinking water 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Dehradun may experience heavy rain fall 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Vacant posts of teachers in the universities should be filled soon: Guv 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM raises RAF shift with Rajnath 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Power generation resumes at Chilla power house 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Administrative void in GDMC hospital 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Shahzad keeps political options open 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Speculations rife as CM, Bhatt summoned to Delhi 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun