- No-confidence motion against Modi government defeated
- I want to assure people of Andhra Pradesh that they will not be left behind : PM
- I am 'chowkidar' and 'bhagidar', but not a 'saudagar' like you: PM to Rahul Gandh
- PM Modi to visit South Africa, attend BRICS Summit from July 23
- LS takes up for discussion no-trust vote against Modi govt
- Shiv Sena MPs to remain absent for no-trust motion against Modi govt
- India, US first '2+2 dialogue' on September 6: State Department
Cong on recce looking for ‘achcche din’
Hindsight of the ‘1000 days’ celebration’ by the Government the Congress has planned to embarked on a tour across the State in search of achcche din promised by the BJP before coming into power. The Statewide tour is slated to start after September 22.
Informing about the programme of the party, AICC general secretary and Jharkhand in-charge RPN Singh said on Wednesday that a protest dharna would also take place on September 15 in Ranchi.
“The dharna before Gandhi statue would highlight the plights of the people when the Government is spending crores to welcome BJP national president in Jharkhand and is celebrating its 1000 days in power. Thereafter, our party workers and leaders would go to villages looking for ‘acche din’ promised by them,” said Singh.
He went on referring to numerous children deaths occurring both in Ranchi and Jamshedpur, closure of Dhanbad-Chandrapura rail line, displacement from Jharia and overall law and order situation in the State.
“The Government during its stay in the last three years has failed on every front. So many children have died. People are dying due to illicit liquor. Over 1.5 crore persons have got affected after the railway line was closed. We have confirmed reports that private transporters even from Odisha are minting money there in coal belt after the line was closed. They are expected to fund the BJP during future polls,” alleged the former Union Minister on the completion of his three-day trip.
Singh added that on his return to Delhi he would write to Union Minister Piyush Goyal who is holding Railway as well as Coal Ministries about the plight of the locals besides, raising the issues inside and outside the Assembly.
“I can see banners and hoardings around Ranchi about 1000 days and their tall claims. I am sure none of the resident would agree with those. Nonetheless public money is being misused. Now even the Government coffer has been opened to welcome the BJP president. We are going to highlight these misdeeds in a big way,” he added.
- CM grieves demise of Dr Ramchandra Singhdeo 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Maoist bandh cripples life in Malkangiri 21 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Raipur
- Got new lease of life, will work more for people’s welfare: Jogi 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CS sets tree plantation target for all industrial units 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Caloffee to provide European flavour to Raipurians 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Gariaband first in State with max. solar irrigation pumps 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- 90,000 trucks, goods carriers go on indefinite strike 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Attack on Swami Agnivesh is condemnable: Baba Ramdev 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Raipur becomes ‘future development layout city' 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- ‘Open MKCG 2nd gate in public interest’ 21 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar