Convict gets life imprisonment
The East Singhbhum district court on Wednesday sentenced Pralay Das, to rigorous life imprisonment in the November 2012 triple murder case at Tube Colony in Baridih under Sidhgora police station.
The court of additional district judge-13, Prabhakar Singh, had yesterday held Pralay Das (34), guilty of the planned murder of his physically challenged father-in-law and retired Tata Steel employee, Ratan Chatterjee (60), mother-in-law Shyamali (52) and teenaged sister-in-law Piyali (17). The trio were killed inside their house in Fauja Bagan on the night of November 27.
The court also slapped a penalty of Rs 20,000 on the main accused Pralay Das who had hatched the murder for money and job while three of his friends (Tinku Yadav, Amar Yadav and Rahul Munda, all of who are residents of Birsanagar), alleged to have helped Pralay were acquitted for lack of evidence.
Additional public prosecutor, Shyam Kumar Mahto said that almost entire family were found dead and it was the statement by the eldest daughter, Sonali Chatterjee (26), wife of the accused. The daughter had identified her husband Pralay Das as the mastermind who had hatched the crime.
The prosecution proved that Pralay had committed the crime after consuming liquor along with his friends in a house in Birsanagar on the night of November 27, 2012.
The prosecution also proved that Pralay had been trying to woo his father-in-law. He had also requested several times to his father in-law to get him a job at Tata Steel however, his father-in-law had refused his request and this led to committing triple murder.
- Cooperation of all necessary to achieve target: Ramsheela Sahu 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CGPCC chief Bhupesh Baghel to hoist tricolour at ‘Rajiv Bhavan’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- NMDC Bacheli Complex bags FIMI’s ‘Tata Steel Mining Sustainability Award’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Govt officials employees to take compulsory pledge for voting 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CM meets Union Ministers on eco-sensitive zones, mines 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- IN BRIEF 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 300 Armymen move SC against AFSPA dilution 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- XIMB Fin Assn holds biz meet ‘Finomics’ 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 dowry deaths in Jspur; hubbies arrested 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Keonjhar DM holds grievance meet 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar