DC forms panel to probe ‘forceful’ trap by ACB
Hazaribagh Deputy Commissioner Ravishankar Shukla formed a three-member panel after Jharkhand Administrative Service Association (JHASA) officials protested and sought judicial probe in a the trap and arrest of Barkattha Circle Officer Manoj Tiwari.
A team of Anti Corruption Bureau Hazaribagh division arrested the Circle Officer allegedly taking a bribe of Rs 5,000 from the informer Nitesh Kumar, a resident of Gaya pahadi. On the other hand the local unit of JHASA has called it a forceful trap and demanded judicial probe of the entire matter. The JHASA members have also announced to remain on mass CL for next three days.
The DC is said to have directed the BDO of Barkattha Anil Kumar to lodge an FIR against the ACB team and has constituted a three member committee to enquire the matter. The local staff
association of Hazaribagh district has also decided to support the local unit of JHASA on this issue.
According to the FIR lodged by ACB team a land dispute was going on in Barkattha block in which Nitesh Kumar is a party. The SDO court of Barhi sub-division has ordered to measure the land. The measurement was done by Amin but CO was not sending the report to the SDO court. As per the complainant CO has demanded Rs 10,000 to send the report. As per ACB direction Nitesh handed over Rs 5,000 to CO Tiwari at his residence and the ACB team immediately arrested him.
On the other hand, according to the statement of an eyewitness at about 9am first two persons entered into the residence of CO Manoj Tiwari and immediately came out. Then the ACB team members entered into the residence and forcibly gave the money to the CO. When he protested the team members manhandled with him in which the spectacle of Tiwari broke.
- Cooperation of all necessary to achieve target: Ramsheela Sahu 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CGPCC chief Bhupesh Baghel to hoist tricolour at ‘Rajiv Bhavan’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- NMDC Bacheli Complex bags FIMI’s ‘Tata Steel Mining Sustainability Award’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Govt officials employees to take compulsory pledge for voting 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CM meets Union Ministers on eco-sensitive zones, mines 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- IN BRIEF 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 300 Armymen move SC against AFSPA dilution 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- XIMB Fin Assn holds biz meet ‘Finomics’ 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 dowry deaths in Jspur; hubbies arrested 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Keonjhar DM holds grievance meet 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar