Dengue patient traced, Health Dept sounds alert
Dengue fever has started to spread its wings in Bokaro district. Authorities of Health Department confirmed one case of dengue fever at Ranipokar and sounded an alert.
Civil Surgeon, S Murmu said, one patient Kanahiya Lal Mahato resident of Ranipokhar was found with dengue fever. Soon after getting the confirmation report an Task Force has been constituted, he added.
Precautionary measures are being taken to control dengue. Soon we will send our teams for fogging and to conduct surveys in the city as well as villages, said Murmu.
“We have sought public support in controlling the menace of vector-borne diseases and also sent a letter to the civic body for participating in the campaign to fight against it,” he added.
A directive has been issued to the team members to increase surveillance on the vector-borne diseases as well as seasonal diseases. They have also asked to spread awareness among the mass about the virus, how to take preventive measures and what are its symptoms, said Civil Surgeon.
“Generally, people use mosquito repellents at night. But due to changes in climatic conditions, they must use them during the day as the Aedes mosquito bites in the daytime too,” said a medical expert.
- Students felicitated for outstanding leadership on I-Day 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- SHEIN celebrates first anniversary 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Former FM’s spouse remembers Vajpayee 18 Aug 2018 | VISHVENDU JAIPURIAR | in Ranchi
- Adhunik Power pays homage to Vajpayee 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- In brief 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Man convicted for raping minor girl 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- City girl wins IFTDA polls in Mumbai 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- DC: Lohardaga fairs well in special plan implementation 18 Aug 2018 | Vinod Prasad | in Ranchi
- Preparing for ash immersion, Haridwar still nostalgic 18 Aug 2018 | RADHIKA NAGRATH | in Dehradun
- NH-74 scam: IAS lobby flexes muscles, seeks to meet CM 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun