Ex-Chief Secy convicted in fodder scam
A Special CBI Court on Tuesday convicted former Chief Secretary and the then Deputy Commissioner of Chaibasa Sajal Chakraborty in case no RC 20A/96 of fodder scam and sent him in judicial custody.
The Court will sit on November 21 to decide quantum of punishment after hearing on the same in a case which has seen as many as 45 people already convicted, including two of the ex-Chief Ministers of Bihar, Dr Jagannath Mishra and Lalu Prasad Yadav.
Chakraborty was charged for having no control over treasury of West Singhbhum as Deputy Commissioner and taking no requisite steps and actions even after the fraudulent withdrawals came into light which is now popularly known as fodder scam. He was also charged with buying a personal laptop from government fund.
CBI Counsel BMP Singh said after Chakraborty was convicted that the Court has held him guilty in the case and hearing on quantum of punishment will take place on November 21. Notably, in May, the Supreme Court had overturned a Jharkhand High Court order in 2014 quashing conspiracy charges against Chakraborty, Yadav and Mishra and had asked the trial court to complete the proceedings within nine months.
- Two-month-old dies in 108-Amublance 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- No tuition fee for children under Mukhya Mantri Jan-Kalyan 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Stone laid for Narmada-Parvati link project 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Heavy rain sweeps away 3 children 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Centre okays Rs 1131.87 cr projects for HP: Jai Ram Thakur 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Investiture ceremony was held in the Delhi Public School 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ‘Mor Gaon Mor Desh’ hits theatre 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Govt to step in amid drought fear 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Chas gets ODF status for third year 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Measles-Rubella vaccination at Bokaro Thermal 18 Jul 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi