Expert throws light on 5G prospects, challenges
Renowned research scholar and founder president of CTIF Global Capsule (CGC), Professor Ramjee Prasad discusssed about 5 G technology, its prospects and challenges ahead among the engineers, scholars at BSNL Advanced Regional Telecom Training Centre here on Wednesday.
Prasad, an alumnus of Birsa Institute of Technology (BIT), Sindri initiated CTIF Global Capsule at his alma mater on February 11, with an objective to be on the forefront of strengthening technology and business innovations by enabling growth in research and ventures supported by cross business and inter/cross-disciplinary technologies with its careful application for all ‘Smart Project’. Notably, CTIF Global Capsule is an international non-profit association primarily focusing on envisaging possible technological solutions.
The workshop titled ‘5G and beyond’ witnessed the participation of academicians, researchers and experts from the telecommunication industries. Sharing the purpose behind starting such a centre, Prasad said, “The CGC Centre will be particularly useful for the State in transforming Jharkhand by becoming a global hub for technology and business advancement by promoting world class research activities. The benefits will be shared by the natives residing here.”
Prasad despite being familiar with the hurdles associated with it and competition lying ahead further added, “Through proper applications and service, 5G technology can be implemented well. With constant efforts and strong research activities, we can lead the world in research and standardization processes in the fields of future technologies.”
Queries like reusability of former spectrums, how to cope in the future of wireless communication era, recent technological development, private player strategies were taken up during the day long workshop, which also saw participation of senior officials from Department of Telecommunications (DoT).
BSNL, Jharkhand Circle, Head, KK Thakur expressed his gratitude to Professor Prasad who at present is working in Aarhus University, Denmark for broadening the horizon of people working in telecommunication sector and those especially associated with BSNL.
- Tiwari promises to take up NH 33 plight issue with Centre 22 Aug 2018 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- SEBI workshop at VVPS 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Inbrief 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- IIM-R to establish centre in the name of Atal Bihari Vajpayee 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Palamu facing drought, rain deficit 55.33 %, says Kishore 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM fiat to link rescued trafficking victim girls with jobs 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Deoghar-Basukinath road to become four-lane 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 2 teenage girls commit suicide by jumping from Tenught Dam 22 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- DRM felicitates Key Man Mathur for averting accident 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Create separate mngmt wing at big hospitals: CM 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi