Govt bans ‘Majdoor Sangathan Samiti’
The State Government on Friday, declared the ‘Majdoor Sangathan Samiti,’ terming it to be the frontal organization of the CPI (Maoists) as illegal, right from the date of its formation. Talking to media persons jointly at Project Building in Ranchi, Jharkhand Government Spokesperson Nidhi Khare and Principal Secretary (Home) SKG Rahate said that the decision was taken under section 16 of Criminal Law (Amendment) Act 1908 following intelligence reports that the Samiti had been involved in the activities like levy collection, keeping eye on police movements and punishing people by holding kangaroo courts.
“Majdoor Sangathan Samiti is a frontal organization of CPI (Maoists) which is quite active in Bokaro, Giridih and Dhanbad, has been found involved in several illegal activities and hence has been banned in the State since the date of its formation,” said Khare. Now, being a member, giving donation to it, publishing literature related to this organization will be illegal, she added.
The Principal Secretary (Home) said that the Samiti had also been found to have given asylum to the armed carders of the CPI (Maoists).
“We have intelligence inputs that Ververa Rao, a top leader of CPI (Maoist) frontal organization RDF, was called by the Samiti members to celebrate 50th anniversary of Naxalbari to mobilize the poor and innocent tribal people in the state against the democratic system leading to the disturbances in law and order situation in the State,” said Rahate.
He further added that chief of the organization Baccha Singh along with Damodar Turi, Ajit Rai and Pradhan Murmu are some of the top leaders of the Samiti. Turi has been arrested by Tamil Nadu Police for his Naxal activities in the year 2012, he said.
“So far, 13 such organizations have been banned in the State and regular anti-Naxal drive is being conducted which will be continued further in the State,” said Rahate. Maintaining law and order in the State by strengthening it was the priority of the State Government, he added.
- Demolition continues, encroachment in gated colonies to be razed too 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Massive plantation drive: DM takes stock of situation 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- KFW to provide fund for cleaning Ganga & clean drinking water 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Dehradun may experience heavy rain fall 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Vacant posts of teachers in the universities should be filled soon: Guv 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM raises RAF shift with Rajnath 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Power generation resumes at Chilla power house 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Administrative void in GDMC hospital 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Shahzad keeps political options open 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Speculations rife as CM, Bhatt summoned to Delhi 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun