Govt suppressing fundamental rights: Tripathi
Senior Congress leader and former Minister in the Hemant Soren Government KN Triapthi has alleged the Government for stealing fundamental rights of the people given under the Constitution.
Addressing a press conference on Thursday Tripathi referred to his arrest made along with party workers at Medininagar and cases being slapped against them for staging a protest march.
“BJP working committee meeting was going on in Palamau at a time when Congress’ padyatra against the anti-local policies of the Government was also organised. It was a peaceful march but the local administration on the behest of the Chief Minister stopped one and allowed the other to continue. This is the violation of the fundamental rights given to all of us under the Article-226 of the Constitution. We have decided to move court against that,” said the leader.
He went further explaining that under the Constitution everyone had been assured with fundamental rights that include right of peaceful protest and freedom of expression.
“The party is of view that the High Court is custodian of the fundamental rights. In this case it has been violated unconstitutionally by the authorities and we would seek justice from the High Court. Officials there were acting like BJP workers,” said Tripathi who bashed the administration for treating him like a ‘terrorist’ and confining in a camp jail.
He also on the occasion outlined programmes of the party to oppose the domicile and employment policies declared by the Government along with the controversial amendments done into the CNT-SPT Acts.
“Even the BJP workers are agitated for making such policies. We want vacancies for grade 3 and 4 to be reserved for locals from that particular district only. This should be extended to all 24 districts not only in 13 that has been done at present. I have a word with the Congress state president and other leaders and the party is working to organise protests across the State against employment policy and CNT-SPT amendments,” he said.
Tripathi at the same time also termed the BJP working committee meeting futile since no concrete outcome could be extracted through the two-day brainstorm taken place at Medininagar last week.
- PM Modi targeted the entire opposition over no-confidence motion 22 Jul 2018 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- GRP Personnel arrested two persons with Rs 2 crores 22 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Modi failed to prove allegation of corruption in Rafale deal 'Wrong' : Deepankar Bhattacharya 22 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Lucknow
- UP police is acting like bouncers of Yogi: Raj Babbar 22 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Lucknow
- ACOGOA called nationwide indefinite strike in UP 22 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Lucknow
- UP govt to adopt block chain technology to maintain digital record of lands 22 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Lucknow
- UP govt reintroduced pension for Yash Bharati and Padma awardees 22 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM reviews preparation of arrival of Prez 22 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Digvijay: I have taken oath to follow Constitution 22 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Avantika Srivastava to represent State in Mrs India Pageant 22 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur