- No-confidence motion against Modi government defeated
- I want to assure people of Andhra Pradesh that they will not be left behind : PM
- I am 'chowkidar' and 'bhagidar', but not a 'saudagar' like you: PM to Rahul Gandh
- PM Modi to visit South Africa, attend BRICS Summit from July 23
- LS takes up for discussion no-trust vote against Modi govt
- Shiv Sena MPs to remain absent for no-trust motion against Modi govt
- India, US first '2+2 dialogue' on September 6: State Department
Govt suspends Pakur Doctor
A day after the CM ordered to ban his book ‘Adivasi will not dance’ in Jharkhand and take legal action against him, Dr Hansda Sowvendra Shekhar has braced to face the Government action against him, even when a letter of his suspension has reached the Pakur CS office.
Health Minister Ramchandra Chandravanshi announced in the State Assembly today that the order of suspension of the Government doctor has been issued.
However, backed with a bunch of supporters from the literary fraternity the doctor cum writer will stay in Pakur, a JMM forte, where protests against his book continued even on Saturday. “I have literally not thought of anything at this point of time. I am not going anywhere. This is my place. This is where I work and earn my living,” Shekhar told The Pioneer over telephone. Deeply disturbed with the events that took place recently, Shekhar said that what they (protesters) are alleging is totally wrong. “I have not tried to demean tribal women; rather I have tried to show the abysmal condition of the people in the Santhal region. Everyone has his own way of interpreting things. It's definitely not the way one should interpret the sense of the story,” Shekhar was quoted as saying. In an interview given to a website on August 10, Shekhar had said that there was nothing wrong in his story and the way it has been written. Some people have been trying to certify as porn, erotic writer but they have not read just a couple of pages of his book, he had said.
The issue again grabbed eyeballs on the last day of Monsoon Session of the State Assembly where Parliamentary Affairs Minister Saryu Roy said that the Government will take action against the doctor under section 295 of IPC. “Since the facts have come to us through newspapers the Government needs to verify them. A panel of a couple of litterateur would also see that the rights of freedom of speech of the writer are not infringed by the action,” said Roy.
Meanwhile, JMM workers organised a protest near Pakur collectorate on Saturday and burned the copies of the controversial book ‘Adivasi will not dance’ and his novel ‘The Mysterious Ailment of Rupi Baskey’ written by Shekhar. A delegation led by JMM district president Shyam Yadav handed over a memorandum to the Governor seeking action on the doctor and ban on his book.
A number of supporters have also come out in open on social networking websites against the Government decision. Facebook pages are filled with posts suggesting people who stand with Dr Hansda Sowvendra Shekhar.
Twitterati are also mocking at the Government decision calling upon people to popularise the book.
Interestingly, despite the ban the book is available in popular online shopping websites and a number of people have posted photos of the book on social sites after buying it online.
- CM grieves demise of Dr Ramchandra Singhdeo 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Maoist bandh cripples life in Malkangiri 21 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Raipur
- Got new lease of life, will work more for people’s welfare: Jogi 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CS sets tree plantation target for all industrial units 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Caloffee to provide European flavour to Raipurians 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Gariaband first in State with max. solar irrigation pumps 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- 90,000 trucks, goods carriers go on indefinite strike 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Attack on Swami Agnivesh is condemnable: Baba Ramdev 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Raipur becomes ‘future development layout city' 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- ‘Open MKCG 2nd gate in public interest’ 21 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar