Guv exhorts doctors to inspire society
Governor Droupadi Murmu has asked the doctors to follow the oath they take before entering the profession and work hard to inspire the society.
Applauding the achievements made on medical fronts so far by the State’s premier medical institute—Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS), the Governor said here on Tuesday, “The rich legacy of this leading medical college cum hospital is the reflection of scientific and technological advancements the State is making towards the health care sector.”
She was addressing the medical graduates during the second convocation ceremony of RIMS.
Emphasizing on scaling up the knowledge besides, living up to expectations of the public, the Governor asked the graduating students to be an inspiration for the society. “One must register the case studies for further reference work. As one of the precious human resource in today’s time, doctors must always try to live up to true meaning of the oath that they take before they enter into their respective domain.”
Degrees were granted to more than 200 students of both Under Graduation (UG) and Post Graduation (PG) courses here on the RIMS premises in the presence of several dignitaries. As many as 28 Post Graduate medical students were given gold medals by the Governor. Also, six MBBS students from different sessions were awarded the gold medals by the dignitaries present. Dr. Rajendra Prasad Commemoratory Award to the best overall graduate was awarded to Dr. Priya Saraf for her commendable academic records.
Striving hard in terms of providing better health care facilities to every individual while making RIMS at par with the best medical colleges of India, the students, including all those associated with the institute during the second convocation ceremony pledged to live up to the motto of the institute, established to serve the downtrodden.
Minister, Department of Health and Family Welfare, Ramchandra Chandravanshi on the occasion asked the students to take their profession as a mission to serve the human beings. Accepting the need for further improvement while fulfilling different technological developments, Chandravanshi said, “Besides taking up some new projects like starting up the super specialty wing, we are also focusing on increasing the number of seats in MBBS course.”
“The present government is dedicated to bring change in the medical facilities and provide world class services even to the poorest person of this society.
Similarly, moving towards new dawn, new services like health insurance scheme for the Below Poverty Line (BPL), 108 ambulances services will be launched on the occasion of Foundation Day,” the Minister added.
Remembering the vision of Bihar’s first CM Srikrishna Sinha, who in the late 50s thought to establish a hospital which is at par with All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Acting Director, RIMS, Dr. RK Srivastava, during the event urged the students to maintain the rich legacy of the institute citing its evolution from Rajendra Medical College and Hospital (RMCH) to RIMS.
Ranchi University VC, Dr. RK Pandey, Additional Chief Secretary (Health) Sudhir Kumar Tripathi, Head of the Departments including others graced the occasion.
A souvenir cum information booklet ‘Varnan’ depicting the legacy of 56 years old medical institute was also unveiled by the dignitaries present on the occasion.
- PM Modi targeted the entire opposition over no-confidence motion 22 Jul 2018 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- GRP Personnel arrested two persons with Rs 2 crores 22 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Modi failed to prove allegation of corruption in Rafale deal 'Wrong' : Deepankar Bhattacharya 22 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Lucknow
- UP police is acting like bouncers of Yogi: Raj Babbar 22 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Lucknow
- ACOGOA called nationwide indefinite strike in UP 22 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Lucknow
- UP govt to adopt block chain technology to maintain digital record of lands 22 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Lucknow
- UP govt reintroduced pension for Yash Bharati and Padma awardees 22 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM reviews preparation of arrival of Prez 22 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Digvijay: I have taken oath to follow Constitution 22 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Avantika Srivastava to represent State in Mrs India Pageant 22 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur