Health Min launches de-worming campaign
Health Minister Ramchandra Chandravanshi today launched the week-long de-worming drive in the State. The campaign was launched from Zila School, where the Minister administered dosage of Albendazole to the students in the presence of senior officials of the Health department and National Health Mission.
Addressing students and people on the occasion Chandravanshi said that the campaign is one the biggest in the world run twice in a year. He said that it’s a unique intiative of the Government of India which in its sixth phase will be run from August 10 and 17.
During the drive children in the age group of one to 19 years will be administered Albendazole tablets across the State.
The Minister said that those who could not be covered during the drive would be given special attention during a mop-up drive on 17 August. He said that Jharkhand has successfully run the five phases of the campaign.
In February this year also 17 districts of the State were covered in the campaign where 81 lakh kids were given deworming pills.
He said that due to worms malnutrition among kids occurs and it affects their studies, physical and mental growth.
He informed that 47,807 teachers and 38,432 anganwadi workers have been trained and engaged in the programme.
Health department Principal Secretary Nishi Kahre said that 24 per cent of world’s population is infected with worms, where the number of infected kids is more in East Asian countries but people do not take the issue seriously. She appealed to people to ensure that the kids are administered with the medicine.
Mission Director, NHM, KN Jha, Director, Health Services, Dr Rajendra Paswan; Nodal Officer, Dr Veena Sinha, Dr Ajeet Prasad, Dr Pradeep Baski, Dr Pushpa Mariya Beck; DEO Ratan Mahawar; Civil Surgeon, Ranchi, Dr VB Prasad and NHM officials alongwith Principal, teachers and students of the schools were present on the occasion.
- Ranchi girl wins Int’l beauty contest 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Missing boy’s body found 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Chhattisgarh to provide `10 cr aid to Kerala 19 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Roy inspects repairing of pump house at Mango, water supply resumes 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Tribal Affairs Dept launches App for profile registration of beneficiaries 19 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Harmu River rejuvenation work to be completed in 2 months 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CS directs officials to keep watch over cattle smuggling 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- XLRI’s ‘Jamshedpur Run’ today 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Maoist surrender before police in Giridih 19 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- NMDC officials study Dhamtari solid waste mgt facility 19 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur