- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
Health Minister inaugurates ‘Population Stabilization Fortnight’
On the occasion of ‘World Population Day’, Ramchandra Chandravanshi, Minister, Health, Medical Education and Family Welfare inaugurated the Population Stabilization Fortnight.
Addressing the participants, the Minister said that in the last three years 341529 women and male sterilization were conducted. In the last financial year 2017-18, 1586 men were sterilized and 99820 female sterilized. The state government has taken several steps in this direction in the past years. But it is necessary to take even stricter steps to make the initiatives meaningful.
“If there is a country-wide awareness in this direction in time, we can undoubtedly make our place in the leading countries of the world. There are many reasons for the increase in population which need to be removed. Poverty, illiteracy, conservatism and narrow thinking are also other reasons for population growth. Curbing the growing population is absolutely essential for the country’s overall development. If meaningful steps are not taken in this direction then the day is not far when the situation will be out of control. In this celebration, the Department of Health has decided to celebrate Population Stabilization Fortnight from July 11 to 24.
Nidhi Khare, Principal Secretary, Department of Health, Medical Education and Family Welfare, Jharkhand said that the economic growth rate of Jharkhand is the first place in India but its benefits are not reaching the general public of the State. Its main reason is the growth rate of the population. Therefore, talking about population stability is the need of the hour.
On this occasion Kripanand Jha, Mission Director, National Health Mission, Jharkhand, Dr. Rajendra Paswan, Director of Health Services, Dr. JP Singh, Director, Health Services Dr. Shivshankar Harijan, Civil Surgeon, Ranchi and Dr. RK Singh State Nodal Officer, Family Planning were present.
- Pranaam Pawas: A poetic event organised to welcome monsoon 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Rudali: A play on women’s struggles staged 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- HC allows teenager rape victim to abort 26-week foetus 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Citizens plan to approach court if drive diluted 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- BJP MLAs & Cong leaders oppose anti-encroachment drive in Premnagar Bazaa 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- 155 cm height fixed for women candidates for police posts 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Woman straying away to Bengal returns home 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Hry Govt to begin special transport service for girl students of Mewat, Morni hills 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Punjab CM approves solar energy project in agri fields 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Inbrief 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi