Hemant attends Rahul’s Iftaar party
Taking their recently developed love affairs ahead and also the effort to shapeup a larger alliance of anti-BJP forces Jharkhand Mukti Morcha and Congress have come even closer. JMM executive president and Leader of Opposition in the State Hemant Soren for the first time has flown to Delhi to take part in the Iftar party hosted by Congress national president Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday.
The Party, however, downplayed the gesture but it is clear that his honouring the invitation coming from the Congress is under long term politics being done by Hemant Soren at the present moment keeping in mind the future elections in the State.
“The invitation had came couple of days ago as the Congress has organised Iftar. Leaders of many parties in the Opposition including former Presidents and Vice Presidents have been invited. There is no politics involved as it is a social and cultural gesture,” said JMM general secretary Suprio Bhattacharya.
It is leant that the Congress invitation was also to JVM chief Babulal Marandi who citing his prior engagements expressed inability to attend. “JVM needs sufficient and respectable space into the coalition. This matter is yet to be discussed and finalised. We are waiting for some more time when we all sit together to discuss seat sharing etc. What we believe that the effort of united Opposition and the outcome being expected from it would not be fulfilled with only JMM and Congress coming together and without taking JVM on board,” said JVM vice president Saba Ahmed.
- Cooperation of all necessary to achieve target: Ramsheela Sahu 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CGPCC chief Bhupesh Baghel to hoist tricolour at ‘Rajiv Bhavan’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- NMDC Bacheli Complex bags FIMI’s ‘Tata Steel Mining Sustainability Award’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Govt officials employees to take compulsory pledge for voting 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CM meets Union Ministers on eco-sensitive zones, mines 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- IN BRIEF 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 300 Armymen move SC against AFSPA dilution 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- XIMB Fin Assn holds biz meet ‘Finomics’ 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 dowry deaths in Jspur; hubbies arrested 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Keonjhar DM holds grievance meet 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar