- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
IPS Praveen Singh cremated with State honours
1998 Jharkhand cadre batch IPS officer Praveen Kumar Singh was cremated here at Mukti Dham with State honours on Monday after he passed away on Sunday struggling for survival for several months at Max Hospital in New Delhi.
Chief Minister Raghubar Das and other prominent personalities expressed grief on his demise and wished his family could get enough courage to bear the pain. Last rites were performed by his elder son.
Urban Development Minister CP Singh, terming his demise a great loss to the State, said that Jharkhand has lost an honest police officer. The minister also said that one could not even dream of losing such a healthy person.
Earlier, Singh’s mortal remains reached Birsa Munda Airport here at 11:30 am by a special flight from New Delhi and was taken to JAP-I Ground and kept there for about half an hour for wreath laying. Several eminent personalities, including former Chief Ministers Arjun Munda, Hemant Soren, Ministers CP Singh, Ramchandra Chandrvanshi, former Rajya Sabha MP Ajay Maroo along with Home Secretary SKG Rahate and DGP DK Pandey with police officials of State Police paid tribute to Singh.
A condolence meet was also organized at Police Headquarters in Ranchi at 3:30 pm during which senior Police officials paid tribute to Singh and prayed for him keeping silence for two minutes. IG (Training), putting light on his life, remembered Singh for his service in Police Department.
Singh remained on the post of Ranchi SSP and DIG and was currently posted in New Delhi as DIG of prestigious National Investigating Agency (NIA) after he opted for Central Deputation in 2016. Singh basically belonged to Samastipur in Bihar.
Married to the daughter of former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister and BJP MP Jagdambika Pal, Singh was survived by his wife Puja Pal and two sons. Being Ranchi SSP (from March 2009 to July 2011), he was widely known for his extra-ordinary information network due to which he succeeded on many fronts during his regime. He was also known as one of the most popular SSPs in the State who was available round the clock for everyone in the hours of need.
Singh, during his tenure as Ranchi SSP, had become a terror for the criminals and Maoists as well who had almost finished organized crime in Ranchi and also improved police movement in Naxal areas. He gunned down over a dozen of Maoists and compelled 18 others to surrender and arrested several dozens of them. During his posting as SSP Ranchi, he also weakened the splinter groups like People’s Liberation Front of India (PLFI) and Tritiya Prastuti Committee (TPC) in areas adjoining to Ranchi like Khalari, Budmu, and Bero, Lapung, Chanho respectively.
- Pranaam Pawas: A poetic event organised to welcome monsoon 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Rudali: A play on women’s struggles staged 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- HC allows teenager rape victim to abort 26-week foetus 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Citizens plan to approach court if drive diluted 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- BJP MLAs & Cong leaders oppose anti-encroachment drive in Premnagar Bazaa 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- 155 cm height fixed for women candidates for police posts 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Woman straying away to Bengal returns home 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Hry Govt to begin special transport service for girl students of Mewat, Morni hills 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Punjab CM approves solar energy project in agri fields 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Inbrief 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi