Jharkhand bags best performing State award
Jharkhand clinched top ranking in ‘Best Performing State’ followed by Maharashtra and Chhattisgarh in Swachchhta Sarvekshan-2018, the result of which was announced by officials of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, GoI on Wednesday evening. In other categories as well a few districts of Jharkhand were able to register their presence bringing a pleasant surprise as well as a proud moment for the people of Jharkhand.
Under National Level Award category which comprised 23 awards, Jharkhand’s Capital City — Ranchi bagged best State Capital/ Union Territory (UT) award in ‘Citizens Feedback ‘category while Giridih district won the applaud of jury members under the category ‘India’s best city in citizen feedback’ covering a population of 1 to 3 lakh.
Similarly, under Zonal level category that comprised 20 awards for the best performing States in different categories, the award for the ‘cleanest city in East Zone’ was clinched by Bundu block of Ranchi district covering a population of 1 lakh. Dominating all other districts of eastern region, Pakur received best city prize in ‘Innovation and Best Practices’ — East Zone while best city in ‘Solid Waste Management’ —East Zone was clinched by Chaibasa.
Notably, Swachchh Surveksan-2018 under ‘Service Level Progress’ has introduced one more component ‘Innovation and Best Practices’ in addition to existing five components which includes — collection and transportation, processing and disposal, Open Defecation Free (ODF), Information Education and Communication (IEC) and Citizens feedback.
The national-level awards were categorised in four groups covering a population of 10 lakh and above, three to ten lakh, population between one to three lakh, including best capital cities and UTs. Besides the National, Zonal and Best Performing States, awards in national segment was also given to six best cantonments.
According to the release of Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, citizens’ feedback played a key role in the survey as of the most determining factors in ranking States and cities. Higher weightage was given on citizen feedback along with direct observation by the assessors on the performance parameters of Swachhta by their local bodies.
Also, the press note of the Ministry stated that the focus of Swachh Survekshan- 2018 was on the outcome, innovation and sustainability of initiatives taken by Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) under Swachh Bharat Mission. Total 4,203 ULBs were assessed covering 37.66 lakh citizens feedback. A total of 52 awards were bestowed upon to different States in various categories.
After the declaration of the ‘Swachcch Sarvekshan-2018’ award, Chief Minister Raghubar Das, officials of State Urban Development Agency (SUDA), Ranchi Municipal Corporation (RMC), Department of Urban Development, Housing and Planning, GoJ have expressed their contentment and gratitude towards the residents of the State.
- Ranchi girl wins Int’l beauty contest 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Missing boy’s body found 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Chhattisgarh to provide `10 cr aid to Kerala 19 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Roy inspects repairing of pump house at Mango, water supply resumes 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Tribal Affairs Dept launches App for profile registration of beneficiaries 19 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Harmu River rejuvenation work to be completed in 2 months 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CS directs officials to keep watch over cattle smuggling 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- XLRI’s ‘Jamshedpur Run’ today 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Maoist surrender before police in Giridih 19 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- NMDC officials study Dhamtari solid waste mgt facility 19 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur