Jharkhand wins Zonal Championship Cup
Host Jharkhand won Zonal Championship Cup at the 23rd East zone sport climbing championship. The host team won 38 out of 54 medals. Jharkhand winners receive d training in Tata Steel Adventure Foundation (TSAF) Sport Climbing training center under head coach Bibhas Roy.
TSAF successfully organised the 23rd East zone sport climbing championship from November 10 to 13.
More than 90 climbers and 20 officials were present at the event from four states - Jharkhand, Bihar, West Bengal and Odisha. Chief Guest of the closing function was Capt. Amitabh, head skill development, CSR division, Tata Steel.
Capt. Amitabh congratulated all the participants and winners and wished them good luck for national championship and was happy to see the progress made by TSAF for promoting sport climbing and observed that the sport should be taken up with the Govt of Jharkhand to recognise the sport and give encouragement to the winners to achieve more laurels for the state in nationall international events. Particularly, since sport climbing is included in Tokyo Olympics, 2020.
Manik Banerjee, chairman, IMF East zone and guest of honour was happy with the progress made by Jharkhand team in winning 38 medals at the zonal meet. He also praised the effort of TSAF to popularize sport climbing not only in the city but also in the rural areas under TSRDS around Jamshedpur, because of which 10 medals alone were from rural youth.
- PM Modi targeted the entire opposition over no-confidence motion 22 Jul 2018 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- GRP Personnel arrested two persons with Rs 2 crores 22 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Modi failed to prove allegation of corruption in Rafale deal 'Wrong' : Deepankar Bhattacharya 22 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Lucknow
- UP police is acting like bouncers of Yogi: Raj Babbar 22 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Lucknow
- ACOGOA called nationwide indefinite strike in UP 22 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Lucknow
- UP govt to adopt block chain technology to maintain digital record of lands 22 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Lucknow
- UP govt reintroduced pension for Yash Bharati and Padma awardees 22 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM reviews preparation of arrival of Prez 22 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Digvijay: I have taken oath to follow Constitution 22 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Avantika Srivastava to represent State in Mrs India Pageant 22 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur