JVM vows to strengthen panchayat committees
Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (JVM) supremo Babulal Marandi has instructed his party office bearers to constitute committees up to panchayat levels. The exercise is to be done in order to strengthen the party ahead of the next Lok Sabha and Assembly elections in the State.
Addressing party leaders and its district and block presidents on Wednesday Marandi stressed on committee formation besides organising programmes to expose wrong policies of the State Government.
“Our presence at grass root level is important for our future success in the State. Electorally we would be significant only if the party cadres are present right up to villages and panchayats. All the districts and block presidents should constitute panchayat level committees in their respective areas soon and organise meetings over there,” said the former chief minister of the State.
This apart, the JVM chief used the occasion to lash out the incumbent BJP Government in the State for its policies and programmes. “The Government is just indulging into land loot for its corporate friends. Height of corruption is happening in the name of investment and the State has been reduced into an event stage. You have sufficient arsenal with you and what is needed is your labour and penetration of the party up to villages,” said Marandi in his address.
The meeting also saw discussions about future course of action which included having political understanding with other likeminded parties. “We have been told to be prepared to fight alone, though chances of the JVM going into huddle with other secular parties are rife. Babulal Marandi said that the party would be properly accommodated into any political alliance only on the basis of own strengths,” said JVM general secretary Badhu Tirkey.
Also, some future programme of action at the State level was also discussed in the meeting which included conferences in Ranchi and some other places starting from February. “We would highlight the plights of the poor people, farmers and tribal in the State through these public meetings.
It has been planned to hold public meetings while sharing dais with our future allies including the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) and few others,” said a party office bearer.
- Students felicitated for outstanding leadership on I-Day 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- SHEIN celebrates first anniversary 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Former FM’s spouse remembers Vajpayee 18 Aug 2018 | VISHVENDU JAIPURIAR | in Ranchi
- Adhunik Power pays homage to Vajpayee 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- In brief 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Man convicted for raping minor girl 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- City girl wins IFTDA polls in Mumbai 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- DC: Lohardaga fairs well in special plan implementation 18 Aug 2018 | Vinod Prasad | in Ranchi
- Preparing for ash immersion, Haridwar still nostalgic 18 Aug 2018 | RADHIKA NAGRATH | in Dehradun
- NH-74 scam: IAS lobby flexes muscles, seeks to meet CM 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun