- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
Locals stage protest, demand toll tax waiver
Hundreds of locals staged protest on the NH 23 Ranchi-Bokaro-Dhanbad Road near Tandbalidih demanding toll waiver at the newly-constructed toll plaza.
Local residents gathered near the toll plaza blocked the road, halted transportation at Jainamore Stand and staged a two-hour protest. All protesters were from neighbouring villages of Kasmar, Jaridih as well as Chas block.
The newly constructed Toll Plaza was inaugurated on 9 October and RK Transport a private company got the tender to collects toll at the Tandbalidih in Bokaro.
When we locals approached the officials, they were told there was no provision for the fee waiver, said Navine a resident of Jaridih.
“Most houses have more than one car. Now, if each car is charged Rs 30 every time we go out and return home, it creates a burden to all of them,” said Anant a member of Bokaro Youth Brigadier.
JVM local leader Mangal Singh demanded waiving the tax for commuters residing in the 20 km radius of the toll plaza. Singh along with party members handed over a memorandum to Deputy Commissioner RM P Ray regarding this.
Singh, urged the DC that toll should be waived for commuters residing in the radius of 20 kms and, instead, a pass should be issued to them.
Later the protestors held a meet, in which it was decided that if the issue was not resolved in the next 10 days, a bigger protest would be staged in the area, he said.
However, NHAI Project Director Satyendra Kumar told that such protests are common during the initial stage or starting of a Toll Plaza, “later it will be resolved”, he added.
- KASAULI, DAGSHAI AND SUBATHU: The Quaint Cantonment Hill stations 16 Jul 2018 | Amitabh Shukla | in Chandigarh
- ‘Writing’ to Lord Shiva is Cong’s shallow tactics: Chouhan 16 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Six of debt-ridden family commit suicide in Hazaribag 16 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Stormy monsoon session on cards in Jharkhand 16 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 2 BSF troopers martyred in gun battle with Maoists 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Govt to withdraw SC cases of businessmen on GST: Goyal 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Inbrief 16 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Fashion Designer of the Year Award presented 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- MPSSA first to provide int’l-level facilities to players: Vijay Kumar 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Several events presented under Uttaradhikar series 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal