Marandi call to install ‘people’s Govt’
Unleashing a scathing attack on the BJP-led State Government, former Chief Minister and JVM president Babulal Marandi appealed people to dethrone the incumbent rule if they want better days for themselves.
Addressing a protest march of party leaders and workers that got converted into a rally at Raj Bhawan on Thursday, Marandi referred to a series of atrocities taking place against dalits, farmers and minorities.
“Everyday incidents of lynching are coming into light. Farmers are left alone to commit suicide. Similar is the fate of dalits. It seems either there are some elements with militant mentalities who have no effect of what the Prime Minister says or the Government is allowing this as their hidden agenda,” said Marandi.
The leaders, on the occasion, also bashed the State Government for playing in the hands of the Center. “The Chief Minister (Raghubar Das) is mere a puppet in the hands of the Centre and the BJP. He cannot do anything except following the instructions of Amit Shah and co. Incidents of lynching and farmer suicides are on rise in the State. If you want that better days of yours come, then you have to uproot the governments at both the places,” added Marandi and also demanded complete farm loan waiver in the State.
He also appealed in the favour of JVM, which Marandi claimed, can only deal with the hardship of the people. “These incidents of land acquisition done without wishes of raiyats, police firing on demonstrators and farm distress are there because the government of the day is weak. It is functional only at the wishes of the corporate houses. Only JVM can give take the State out of this situation. If we get an opportunity to serve, we can assure you all these atrocities would come to an end and a true government of people would be established,” he said.
- Two-month-old dies in 108-Amublance 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- No tuition fee for children under Mukhya Mantri Jan-Kalyan 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Stone laid for Narmada-Parvati link project 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Heavy rain sweeps away 3 children 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Centre okays Rs 1131.87 cr projects for HP: Jai Ram Thakur 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Investiture ceremony was held in the Delhi Public School 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ‘Mor Gaon Mor Desh’ hits theatre 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Govt to step in amid drought fear 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Chas gets ODF status for third year 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Measles-Rubella vaccination at Bokaro Thermal 18 Jul 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi