Markets decked up, police caution against moral policing
The district police have ensured strict vigil in view of Valentine’s Day tomorrow. The police will take strict legal action against members of outfits if they attempt to indulge in moral policing on Wednesday.
Police officials informed that already places where lovers and couples gather have been identified and police personnel in uniform as well as in plainclothes will be posted in adequate numbers in Park, Zoo, shopping complexes, and cinema theatres.
In the past, there had been attempts by outfits on Valentine’s Day, stating that love and lovers moving around was against Indian culture. They had even staged protests by burning Valentine’s Day greeting cards stating that the celebrations were ‘Western culture’.
"Adequate police presence will be witnessed on city roads on the Valentine's day. Everybody has the right to freedom of expression and whoever takes the law in their hands will be dealt strictly. Those who want to protest against anything can express themselves in a peaceful manner,” said an official.
Meanwhile the Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) appealed to the youth to refrain from 'immoral' or 'indecent' behavior at public places on the Valentine's Day. "We always been a devotee of the true love. Rather than celebrating love just for one day, we worship love throughout the year, this is our culture. But if youth select one day to express their love we don't have any issues with it. But expressing love beyond the boundaries of the social norms and the cultural values of the country should be avoided," said a district leader.
Archie’s Gallery has a range of Valentine's Day special products such as key chains, fridge magnets, soaps, pattern tins, mouse pads, pens, postcards, bookmarks, coffee mugs, lampshades, tea candles, lights and so on.
This year too Archie’s has a range of adorable gifts that will tug at your heart strings. Teddy bears with ‘I love you' tags on them, books of love quotes, photo frames, heart-shaped cuddly toys, coffee mugs with smooch imprints, a teddy bear enclosed in a 22 carat gold box, love-themed snow globes of different sizes, heart-shaped trinkets and accessories and so on seem to be the hot sellers.
- Students felicitated for outstanding leadership on I-Day 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- SHEIN celebrates first anniversary 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Former FM’s spouse remembers Vajpayee 18 Aug 2018 | VISHVENDU JAIPURIAR | in Ranchi
- Adhunik Power pays homage to Vajpayee 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- In brief 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Man convicted for raping minor girl 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- City girl wins IFTDA polls in Mumbai 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- DC: Lohardaga fairs well in special plan implementation 18 Aug 2018 | Vinod Prasad | in Ranchi
- Preparing for ash immersion, Haridwar still nostalgic 18 Aug 2018 | RADHIKA NAGRATH | in Dehradun
- NH-74 scam: IAS lobby flexes muscles, seeks to meet CM 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun