Medical assistance soon for passengers at Tatanagar
Passengers can soon look forward for receiving medical facilities at the Tatanagar railway station soon. The A-1 category railway station of Chakradharpur Division has chalk out a plan wherein it will be able to provide medical assistance to passengers in need.
" We have chalk out a plan wherein we will provide medicines and injections apart from oxygen cylinders, bandages and ointments on the station premises itself. A separate area would be assigned on platform no. 1 where the medical facilities would be provided. Doctors from the Khasmahal-based Railway Hospital will be on round the clock duty to take care of any situation," said H K Balmuchu, director of Tatanagar railway station.
According to Balmuchu, the medical facilities which would be an extension to passenger amenities at the A-1 category station would start in another one month or so.
"At present we are working on details of our ambitious project. Our divisional headquarters at Chakradharpur is in touch with authorities of Garden Reach, headquarter of South Eastern Railway at Kolkata. We want to start work in this direction soon," he added.
The official said they have also taken a decision to provide atleast two folding stretchers at Tatanagar . " A few local NGO's have also been contacted for it," said the official
The facilities extended at the medical care centre will include round-the-clock emergency medical care, and first-aid to passengers. There would be qualified medical staff and medicines and equipment for emergency care. Wheelchairs and stretchers will be available in, where periodical health camps and medical awareness programmes will also be organised.
Tatanagar railway station witnesses a daily traffic of over 90- mail, express and passenger trains which either originate from Tatanagar of go via that station. The daily passenger footfall is close to 50,000. There are several trains in which a sizeable number of passengers travel to various destinations in the south for availing medical treatment for various ailments.
- Two-month-old dies in 108-Amublance 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- No tuition fee for children under Mukhya Mantri Jan-Kalyan 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Stone laid for Narmada-Parvati link project 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Heavy rain sweeps away 3 children 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Centre okays Rs 1131.87 cr projects for HP: Jai Ram Thakur 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Investiture ceremony was held in the Delhi Public School 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ‘Mor Gaon Mor Desh’ hits theatre 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Govt to step in amid drought fear 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Chas gets ODF status for third year 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Measles-Rubella vaccination at Bokaro Thermal 18 Jul 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi