- No-confidence motion against Modi government defeated
- I want to assure people of Andhra Pradesh that they will not be left behind : PM
- I am 'chowkidar' and 'bhagidar', but not a 'saudagar' like you: PM to Rahul Gandh
- PM Modi to visit South Africa, attend BRICS Summit from July 23
- LS takes up for discussion no-trust vote against Modi govt
- Shiv Sena MPs to remain absent for no-trust motion against Modi govt
- India, US first '2+2 dialogue' on September 6: State Department
Nurses allege assault by SDM, Giridih
Often being in the news for her pro-active working style, Sub Divisional Magistrate (SDM), Giridih, Vijaya Jadhav is now facing the ire of nurses posted at the Sub Divisional Hospital. A trainee nurse and other staff of Sub-divisional Hospital, Giridih, have alleged that they were assaulted with a scalpel by relatives of 26 -year-old woman and SDM after the woman died after delivery at Sadar Hospital in Giridih late on Tuesday night.
Trainee nurse Baby Kumari has a deep red mark on her face and some blunt injuries in the assault, they said. The hospital Staff nurse & Labour room in charge Nilu Kisfota on Wednesday filed a complaint with the civil surgeon, Giridih in this regard. The nurses have demanded strict implementation of the Medicare Act, 2010. It protects them from physical assaults and intimidation by patients’ relatives and government officials. These acts are non-bailable offences under the Act.
A nurse of the hospital said, “After we informed about patient’s demise, the relatives of the deceased burst into rage and barged into the labour room. One of them took a scalpel and slashed it on a nurse and doctor’s face claiming negligence. Others joined him.”
While Nilu Kisfota a staff and nurse room in-charge said that the SDM entered the nurse room with one male person who she said was a doctor and with some of the relatives of the deceased within 10 minutes of the event. After entering the room, they assaulted all the nurses and threatened to keep them out from service. “Fearing for their life, these nurses are wondering if they should even go to the police,” a nurse said, requesting anonymity.
The local unit of nurses did inform seniors and medical superintendent on Wednesday about the scenario. They were afraid of being found out for hiring a bad security agency,” said another nurse.
The Nursing Training College Principal Alizabeth Naag said, “We will file a complaint to nurse association of India in this regard.” Others doctors and nurses condemned the attack and extended support to the local nurses of the Hospital. If our SDM will show such type of behaviour with government employees then where we will go, adding Alizabeth Naag. The SDM could not be contacted for her comments on the issue.
- Tourism has enhanced in MP: Governor 20 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Vacuum cleaner donated for global cause 20 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- IGRMS to work on ‘With people, For people, By people’ concept 20 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Domestic violence: New appointee to submit DIR 20 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Body of missing 4-year-old boy found in Ekant Park nullah 20 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Governor Patel inspects Astha Gram Trust 20 Jul 2018 | SR | in Bhopal
- Hindi film ‘Anokha Aspatal’ screened 20 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Ajit Jogi returning to Raipur today 20 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- 7 Maoists including 3 women cadres gunned down in Bijapur 20 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- 35.56 lakh homeless get land under Land Rights Campaign 20 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal