PG HODs brainstorm to promote ‘Chancellor Portal’
Ranchi University (RU) VC, Dr. RK Pandey instructed the Head of Departments (HODs) of Post Graduation (PG) departments to brainstorm on different measures for promoting ‘Online’ admission through ‘Chancellor Portal’. During a meeting organized on Wednesday at RU Administrative Block, it has been suggested that the concerned agency maintaining the portal will prepare the list of the students while the verification tasks will be out by the respective PG departments.
“Mainly focusing on reservation policy, payment issue and allocation of seats in various streams, the discussion was held. Deans and HODs of the PG Departments kept their views on how to go about it. Meanwhile, it has been decided that the process of short-listing and compiling admission list will be done by the agency handling the ‘Chancellor Portal’ to avoid clash and confusion. Only the verification work will be carried out by the PG departments,” said RU Pro VC, Dr. Kamini Kumar.
The RU Pro VC said that another proposal tabled by the HODs is that the enrollment task is handled to the agency while rest other admission procedure is carried out by the respective PG departments. “A previous year list has been given to the agency maintaining ‘Chancellors Portal’ to make a dummy enrollment list. Within a week, the list will be submitted to the university by the agency. If in accordance to the university’s criteria, the agency prepares the list than the work will be given to agency only,” Kumar stated.
According to the HODs, the whole exercise is to know the criteria on what ground the agency maintaining ‘Chancellor Portal’ is working. Notably, the admission process at State universities for both Under-Graduate (UG) and Post-Graduate (PG) courses from the academic session 2018-19 will go online to ease the burden of university personnel on major frontages like regularizing the examination system and simplifying the admission procedure. Also, this is a major effort towards making universities ‘Paperless’ by 2020 as per the national target.
The ‘Chancellor Portal’ is a centralized platform, with details ranging from course modules to fees structure to number of seats available in different streams. The site has been developed and hosted by National Informatics Center (NIC) while the contents of the Website are being managed by Department of Higher, Technical Education and Skill Development.
- Cooperation of all necessary to achieve target: Ramsheela Sahu 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CGPCC chief Bhupesh Baghel to hoist tricolour at ‘Rajiv Bhavan’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- NMDC Bacheli Complex bags FIMI’s ‘Tata Steel Mining Sustainability Award’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Govt officials employees to take compulsory pledge for voting 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CM meets Union Ministers on eco-sensitive zones, mines 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- IN BRIEF 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 300 Armymen move SC against AFSPA dilution 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- XIMB Fin Assn holds biz meet ‘Finomics’ 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 dowry deaths in Jspur; hubbies arrested 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Keonjhar DM holds grievance meet 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar