PIL in HC seeks action against CS
A PIL has been filed seeking action against Chief Secretary Rajbala Verma in the light of a letter issued by the Union Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions suggesting the State Government to take ‘appropriate action’ against the Chief Secretary and Principal Secretary of School Education and Literacy Department AP Singh following a complaint filed with the PMO by JVM leader in Khunti Dilip Mishra.
The letter dated January 25, alleged that Verma and Singh connived to bail out Agriculture Secretary Puja Singhal, who had transferred land illegally to a private company for a mining project when she was deputy commissioner of Palamu in 2010-11.
Mishra, in his letter, has alleged that Singhal was given a clean chit by the government on the basis of the report prepared by Verma and Singh.
“The petitioner has demanded action against the two officials in the light of the letter issued by the PMO and also initiate a probe into the properties of Chief Secretary, Singhal and Gopalji Tiwari, alleged to be possessing assets disproportionate to their known sources of income,” said petitioner’s advocate Rajiv Kumar.
In spite of initiating an inquiry against Singhal, she was given promotion while action was taken against another person Ram Vinod Prasad, he added.
“As it is being said that action is pending on the ground that sanction had not been given in their case, we have also sought information through this PIL regarding exact number of cases pending for want of sanction from the State Government,” added the petitioner’s advocate.
Copy of FIRs filed against Singhal in Khunti related to corruption in MNREGA has also been attached with the PIL, he added.
- Tiwari promises to take up NH 33 plight issue with Centre 22 Aug 2018 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- SEBI workshop at VVPS 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Inbrief 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- IIM-R to establish centre in the name of Atal Bihari Vajpayee 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Palamu facing drought, rain deficit 55.33 %, says Kishore 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM fiat to link rescued trafficking victim girls with jobs 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Deoghar-Basukinath road to become four-lane 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 2 teenage girls commit suicide by jumping from Tenught Dam 22 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- DRM felicitates Key Man Mathur for averting accident 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Create separate mngmt wing at big hospitals: CM 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi