Remove confusion on teachers’ promotion, Guv to VCs
Scheduled Tribes (ST) students will have hostel facilities exclusively for them in Sahibganj, Dumka and Pakur soon. The decision for the same was taken by Governor and ex-officio Chancellor of all the universities run by the State, Droupadi Murmu, who asked Vice Chancellors (VCs) to do away with any confusion about promotion of teachers in their respective campuses.
The Chancellor also asked them during a review meeting of universities on Thursday to get National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) evaluation done at the earliest in order to get increased funding for academic activities from University Grants Commission (UGC). The Governor inaugurated Chancellor portal on the occasion which will have facilities like online registration, admission and making certificates available for students.
“There should be no doubt at all about promotion of teachers. A draft of vision document regarding promotion of teachers needs to be done at the earliest. There is growing need of increased number of colleges in State so that more and more students get enrolled in higher education. At the same time, colleges need to develop basic infrastructure apart from finding new ways to develop opportunities of other resources in order to get recognized as prestigious colleges,” asked the Chancellor to the VCs present in the meeting.
The Governor during review meeting of academic and administrative activities in universities asked Ranchi University Vice Chancellor RK Pandey to get construction of new building for Tribal Languages Department soon.
Other than VCs and other senior officials of universities, Principal Secretary to the Governor SK Satpathi, Higher and Technical Education Secretary Ajay Kumar Singh, Welfare Department Secretary Himani Pandey, Water Resources Secretary KK Son, Finance (Expenditure) Secretary Satendra Singh, Jharkhand Bhawan Construction Corporation Limited Managing Director Sunil Singh, Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC) Secretary Jagjit Singh and others were also present in the meeting.
The Chancellor asked JPSC to release notification of appointment of Assistant Professors in all the universities at the earliest. She also directed universities to get their audit done through Accountant General’s office.
Stressing upon speedy completion of basic infrastructure related requirements of universities, Murmu directed Building Construction Department engineers and officials to conduct monthly review meeting with respective university officials. The matter of taking help of retired army personnel in universities for security purposes was also discussed in the meeting.
- Odia version of PM’s ‘Exam Warriors’ released 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Bid to gag media must be protested’ 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Librarians key to modern education system’ 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 girls die, three others critical of JSpur family 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Lions Club BBSR holds installation festival 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Cong protests over CMC failures 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Woman succumbs to labour pain in absence of doctor 14 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Jajpur teacher held for raping minor 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Giridih police seize 37 cattle 14 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- A’garh newlywed dies due to burn injury 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar