RMC sanctions Rs 1,947-cr for civic works
The Standing Committee of Ranchi Municipal Corporation (RMC), in a meeting on Monday, approved Rs 1,947 crore in order to provide major civic facilities during the current fiscal.
The funds will be utilised for development of basic infrastructure through extension of more number of parks for increasing the green covers in the city.
In a bid to boost the urban facilities in much elaborate way, emphasis has been given on water supply connection, maintenance of roads and sewerage drainages, city buses’ operation, development of green areas, beautification and restoration of 12 water reservoirs more in the city, installation of HYDT at selected areas and different housing projects for the urban poor.
Following the decision taken during the standing committee meeting, Rs 10.60 crore will be invested on wards’ development. Hefty sum of Rs 112 crore has been allocated for roads construction while Rs 55.55 crore has been given for sewerage and drainage work.
Similarly, taking into account the development of parks in capital city and other basic urban infrastructure Rs 116 crore will be invested on restoration and beautification tasks covering water depositories. In addition, Rs 22 crore will be spent on developing vending zones catering to the requirements of the street vendors.
Putting sanitation work on priority, this year again, the Municipal Corporation will invest Rs 30.78 crore for toilets’ construction. Money will be given both for construction of community toilets as well as lavatories in households. Enhancing the facilities at each ward Rs 2.44 crore will be allocated for the development of ward offices with all basic amenities. Surplus Rs 2 crore will be invested on buying mounted fogging machines and other tools.
According to sources in the Municipal Corporation, Rs 27 crore extra has been added for carrying out other civic activities in the budget. The revised budget that will be presented for the final approval in the upcoming RMC Board meeting is likely to increase from Rs 1947 crore to Rs 1974 crore.
The Corporation has collected Rs 123 crore as revenue from different sources in the financial year 2017-18.
Scaling up the amount, this year, Rs 143 has been collected by the civic body from different sources.
The meeting was chaired by Mayor Asha Lakra. Deputy Mayor Sanjiv Vijayawargia, Municipal Commissioner, Shaantanu Agrahari and other officials were present at the meeting.
- ‘Bhopal on Canvas’ painting exhibition at Swaraj Bhavan Art Gallery 21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Kids Zee School, Bhopal organises painting competition 21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Campion School Primary Cabinet installed in ceremonious way 21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Sawan Mela 2018 concludes on high note 21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Platform for modelling, acting for budding talents launched 21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Folk dance workshop for the young 21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Singles 21 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Threat by murder accused to jump off terrace in city 21 Aug 2018 | SR | in Bhopal
- In brief 21 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Creation of artificial life: Can we ‘play’ God? 21 Aug 2018 | GYANENDRA NATH MITRA | in Dehradun